Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. After riding the 84 700 Nighthawk for 12 years it was time for an upgrade. All I can say is, WOW, what a difference 20 years makes!

I picked up my rr on Saturday. It's a leftover 04. I always liked the Nighthawk, it was a real easy bike to ride and easy to take care of. The biggest diffence I notice between the two is how smooth the rr is in comparison. What an awsome bike!! Why didn't anyone on the board ever say how good this bike is? :lol2: It will take some time for me to get use to the power and handling. One down side though, the Nighthawk had a real comfortable seat, nice and cushy. The rr seat is like sitting on a rock in comparison. :(

I've been trolling around the 600.net board for about a month now, mostly just reading what can be done to the bike, there sure is alot of good information here.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome to the site, and that is one nice bike you got there. I really like the 04 in black. Looks nice! Enjoy and ride safe.
As for info, this site is awesome. I'd probably have a bone stock bike if it wasn't for this site. :D

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
congrat's on the new bike, 12yrs sounds like it was time for an upgrade :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I like both of your bikes. I rode a Nighthawk briefly in 83, just before I tore up my leg doing some dirt bike riding. I think your really going to enjoy the difference. The one thing that took me a while to get used to was the mirrors. The Nighthawk was easy to see behind you, but the RR requires a lot of arm movement to see anything.

C

·
0 Posts
12 years, wow! You really got everything out of that bike eh? Well, enjoy the new one. As for the seat, usually people get used to it, but after riding for 12 yrs on that other seat, you may not. May want to consider a Corbin, they are a bit more comfy (still wont be as good as the Nighthawk).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
satxrider said:
Welcome to the forum. I like both of your bikes. I rode a Nighthawk briefly in 83, just before I tore up my leg doing some dirt bike riding. I think your really going to enjoy the difference. The one thing that took me a while to get used to was the mirrors. The Nighthawk was easy to see behind you, but the RR requires a lot of arm movement to see anything.
Thanks for the compliment on my bikes. The Nighthawk will soon be sold though.:cry: I had alot of fun on that bike.

Yes, I noticed the mirrors too. In fact the 1st time I left to go for a ride, I kept on trying to adjust them to get them to work for me. I think I adjusted them pretty good to were I only have to move my arms a little bit.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
troyhonda, I must say that this is a small world!!!!! My dad and I (really his bike for the last 20 years) own the same exact color combo and everything and have the exact same picture as above on with my 04 red/blk color scheme. He just bought a 2002 VTX 1800C and said the same thing you did!! Enjoy the new ride.

OOooo and how many miles on the hawk. We have lil over 51,000 miles still running excellent!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
farbio615 said:
troyhonda, I must say that this is a small world!!!!! My dad and I (really his bike for the last 20 years) own the same exact color combo and everything and have the exact same picture as above on with my 04 red/blk color scheme. He just bought a 2002 VTX 1800C and said the same thing you did!! Enjoy the new ride.

OOooo and how many miles on the hawk. We have lil over 51,000 miles still running excellent!
Well I guess mine is still just a baby then, only 20k miles on it. It runs excellent yet, and still looks good too. You would not believe how many people tell me that they USE to own a 700 Nighthawk.

Troy

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I know I ran into some ppl in Canada while my dad and I rode from tip to tip, nighthawk and f4i. Many ppl were like I had the same exact bike or still do and boy do I miss it! Long live HONDA!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts