Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was offered to have $200 worth of stuff since I helped my friend find her bike, saving her $200 from the original price she wanted to spend and doing all the fluids and such maintenance on it..What should i spend it on?

I came up with
1. Bell Dark Visor-cuz im tired of wearing sunglasses
2. A smoked double bubble screen Zero Gravity??
3. New pair of street riding gloves-Teknic SMT (almost all my gear is teknic and they make amazing stuff)

Any ideas???

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Are you just considering gear? It would really help if we knew what you already have.

But $200 ugh... grips,a set of levers, at IT, flush mounts, a corbin gel seat, brakes, tires.... ugh idk just really depends on what you are looking for. Obviously you cant get everything.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh sorry, I already have full gear, 1 piece teknic included, puma racing boots, and teknic full gloves, reg riding jacket. levers, rearsets, fender elim, new dunlop q2s.

I found the gloves for $60 from STG
Visor $40
Double Bubble $80

I want a GO Pro but i cant justify that much just to record some footage every now and again

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Oh sorry, I already have full gear, 1 piece teknic included, puma racing boots, and teknic full gloves, reg riding jacket. levers, rearsets, fender elim, new dunlop q2s.

I found the gloves for $60 from STG
Visor $40
Double Bubble $80

I want a GO Pro but i cant justify that much just to record some footage every now and again
there ya go! ;) i vote Puig Screen though :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm i'm looking to sell my puig double bubble cheap, so you can have more money for other stuff, what yearr is your rr? if it's an 05-06 then it'll fit, pm me if your interested, also i'm in northern jersey so meet up would be easy.

edited, nevermind, i see your sig and it's an '07

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
:+1: for brake lines. You get a 500ml bottle of brake fluid included with spieglers from motomummy for just over $100. Best bang for the buck IMO.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i know it's money, but if you have a bell helmet, why not the photochromatic visor.. love how it changes on it's own.. STG has them for 119 which isn't bad..

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7702

and also the gloves from stg if it's 60 bucks, it'll be under your 200 budget..

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
No mine is an 07..I heard mixed reviews bout both companies, so i guess its just luck of the draw? some people like one over the other idk

I have a zero gravity db f/s its for a 07'. Pm if you are interested going cheap.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had an appointment to get that done but i hurt my wrist and wasnt able to ride that day, but I have my own $$ set aside for that.. I know thats a must. The bike i did the work on has it done and its sooo responsive

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I'd say $200 will get some great experience at a trackday. No better way to spend money than to improve your riding ability.

Excellent suggestion. Although he is going to spend a little more than $200.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did my first trackday last year, and with all the firefighting training ive been doing this year (im trying not to get injured knock on wood) so i can hold off for a bit longer, so Ill just stick to the mods. I def need to street gloves for sure my A*s are all beat up

1 - 20 of 27 Posts