Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a 2001 CBR F4i(it's a white cbr with RED WINGS...looks pretty pimp)for a friend today. The bike was in beautiful cosmetic condition with the exception of some rust visible on the chain. She only had 2500 miles on her so I'm guessin the lack of rides contributed to some rusts. My 06 already has close to 2500 miles on her nearing third oil change lol.

This particular F4i has a D&D exhaust slip on and DAYUMZ this thing pulls hard.

I WOT in first, second and third gear on the interstate highway, in each gear nearly redlining...(please dont flame, it's sunday night and very light traffic) and I can feel the bike pulling so much harder than my RR especially in second and third gear the difference is easily felt. THERE is a slight possibility that i might have felt like going faster due to "louder" exhaust....but unlikely.

I assumed that the handling would be worse, PLEASE EXCUSE my NOOB opinion. It is indeed my inexperienced opinion but I felt that the bike dipped side to side much easier than my RR. I wasn't cornering hard or anything because the pavement is still somewhat cold...low 50's tonight.... but I was extremely surprised at what a tight package the F4i was eventhough the bike is now 5 years old technology.

I have been told F4i is much easier to wheelie, however did not attempt any because 1. not my bike 2. beyond my riding comfort zone.

Unlike other 2001 model bikes from other factories, the 2001 CBR f4i still looks extremely hot in my opinion and I would not have regretted one bit if I bought the F4i instead of the RR. .....maybe a little bit, because I do luf my RR very so very much.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i swear i wasn't smokin crack today.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got my RR not too long ago. I came from riding an '02 F4i. I loved that bike soooo much. I had quite a few mods on it (Jardine RT-1 high mount race, PC3 USB, I changed the gearing, bla bla bla). My RR is wayyyy better than that bike though. It pulls harder everywhere, it feels way lighter, I like the seating position more, I could go on and on. Although the F4i was an awesome bike, I don't think that I could go back to it again.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i won't go as far as "go sit in my corner" for comparing our beloved RR to the primitive F4i. I agree with axiomatic with the RR feeling lighter... although the the dry weight specs are identical between the two. Like I said, the increase in the peppiness may have came from D&D constantly screaming up the local streets. But the throttle response was definitely better. I sh!t you not guys. Please don't get me wrong, I love my RR very much. I'm posting here to let you guys know that I was surprised this evening.

I am pretty serious about the F4i dipping quicker with more ease though... oh well. I just wanted to share my first hand experience with yall that's all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
OK...this winter i traded in my 01 f4i with a yosh pipe and pcIIIr in for an 03 6rr with a jardine pipe....to me the rr feels way lighter because i think honda moved some of the weight down lower on the bike...thus making it easier to throw around....but my 03 with just the slip on is as powerful or stronger than my f4i was with the power commander....atleast thats how i feel...maybe ur rr is just kinda weak haha hope not but who knows.
P.S. the undertail exhaust has to make the bike more powerful...i mean just look at it haha

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I've had an 03 F4i at my house for about a month now and I noticed 2 things. Handling is considerably worse than the RR. Going from the RR to that I have to muscle the bars a lot more to get it over. The second thing I noticed is the feeling of speed you get from it, probably from the worse handling. Still a good bike though.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
i love my F4i, and my RR

the F4i is my trackbike (see my sig)

The F4i is a little down on power, thats about it, and I've passed RR's at Barber on my F4i, so its all in how you ride it. I haven't ever ridden my RR fast though its just a commuter to get me to class and back.

The F4i does take some work to get it fast, the stock suspension sucks, but new fork springs and valves and an ohlins shock and she handles great.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
oh and my F4i was a lot more comfortable on the street than my RR is, I could ride for a couple hours on my F4i and have no problems beyond a sore butt, but on the RR my arms get tired after a while

1 - 14 of 14 Posts