Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the ECU from an earlier model 03-04 is compatible with a 2005 600RR.
I am in australia and we have the HISS system in our ECU model.
Sourced an 03 ECU and key set and wont start, (cranks over but no fuel pump noise and ignition i think)
Not sure if they changed the computers but i have been told they are compatible.
Has anyone had any experience with this?

I bought the bike stolen/recovered from insurance auction to make a race bike out of it without keys for a good price, but now i am having issues getting it going.

I have tested the tip switch sensor and it is working fine, not sure where i am going wrong.
Checked all fuses and all ok.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i think they are the same computer but the 05 has a different stock map. other than that dont expect anyone to give you any help on starting a bike without the keys especially being your first post. any joe shmoe can join and say damn guys i lost my keys how do i hotwire a 600RR? you understand

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have keys for the 03 computer and it doesnt want to work
the bike is an 05 and i was told it would work no worries
it cranks over, but no fuel pump noise and no firing up!
I thought it would fire up, have the computers changed?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
so if you really do have that stuff why dont you just swap the ignitions

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have an 03 for the road and i just bought an 05 would be track bike damaged from the auctions without keys.
trying to get it going with the 03 bits but it seems impossible

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you bought the ecu and keyset from the wreckers i would return it and get a refund.

as you are the new owner of the motorcycle, take your receipt to a honda dealer to get them to get you a new key with a matching transponder in it. i have no idea if they have it cut for you, but if they dont take it to a locksmith with the bike to have it cut. remember to put back the original ignition though, thats if you changed it with the 03 keys you got.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I tried an 05 ecu and keys on the 03 and i'm have the same issue as you.So i dont think it will work
It will if you swap the harness as well.

·
Registered
936 Posts
there are a couple sensor that have different plugs...T has a 05 engine on a 04 harness and ive got a 07 pc3 on a 03. it will all work but how far are you willing to cut/solder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts