Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work today, my bike started to feel like i was not holding the throttle steady at first and then got more violent with loss of power then it would lurch forward and do this over and over. I pulled over and it was idleing REALLY rough for a bit then just kinda stopped and everything went back to normal...now that I'm home I cant seem to repeat the issue...any ideas?

(I already checked the battery terminals, they good)

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,778 Posts
check the tank if it has water, also when was the sparkplugs last changed? how many miles on the odometer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i might still need to do new plugs sooner than later, I rode another 50 miles and cant seem to replicate the problem. A co-worker of mine suggested that it may have been some bad gas or water as I had just come from refueling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having sort of a similar problem. while riding my bike would start to stutter or hesitate as if it were running out of gas or something, then jump forward and back, RPM's drop to 0 then back up. eventually it would just die and I have to restart the bike. Any ideas? (sorry if im taking over the thread)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am having sort of a similar problem. while riding my bike would start to stutter or hesitate as if it were running out of gas or something, then jump forward and back, RPM's drop to 0 then back up. eventually it would just die and I have to restart the bike. Any ideas? (sorry if im taking over the thread)
no problem man. The first time I had this issue it was actually the positive battery terminal had come loose and was bouncing around but the bike would turn back on if the terminal made contact quickly enough. This time around, a co-worker told me to freshen up the gas (my gas was fresh to begin with, but i somehow may have gotten a bit of water in there or something) and that actually seemed to do the trick, 150 miles later and still havent seen the issue return. Other suggestions were to check your fuel pump, your spark plugs, look for a loose wire anywhere on the bike, and make sure no fuel lines are getting pinched.

Hope you figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts