Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a new set of repsol plastics and have gotten the upper mounted on the bike. I wanted to do a check of all the electrical before finishing the assembly and found that my turn signals no longer work.
I did all the usual checks and found all wires connected, and the fuse is good.
What's weird about this to me is that every thing electrically on the bike works except the turn signals.
I am not even getting the indicator light on the gauge cluster. I tested each signal light and found they all work. I tested the turn signal switch and verified that's working properly.

I am racking my brain here. What else could it be??!?!?!:banghead:

·
Registered
860 Posts
broken/disconnected relay? iirc it is located in the gauge cluster so you may have knocked the plug on the back of the gauges slightly and it is not making contact.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Also, trace the wires and make sure you haven't pinched through a wire while installing the new fairings.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Did you meter the fuse or look at it? Check the running light power for the orange/blue plugs and see if it is still there. If it is then I would check the relay. Probably dead and you need an electronic one like stated above.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some good advice here, thanks guys.

I did have to muscle the upper fairing on pretty good to get it on the fairing stay. So maybe it is the connector. I just re-looked at the wiring schematic. I didn't know the relay was in the gauge cluster.
If it is bad, does that require I replace the gauge cluster assembly?

·
Registered
860 Posts
the service manual says you have to replace the gauge cluster pcb if the relay has failed. there are tests in the manual in order to check it.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tripage you are the man.

That's a much better option than replacing the whole cluster assy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts