Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All plugs dry carbon fouled after only 200 miles spark looks good but exhaust is also black with soot. Spark looks good with a good plug. Filter is good. No fault codes. So i am thinking a problem in the fuel system the question is where to look?

Also the bike was garaged for at least a year before i purchased it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there a power commander or anything that would affect fueling?

Since it is a rich condition and the bike sat for an extended time I would lean towards dirty injectors. Either pull the injectors and clean them properly or run some injector cleaner.

Since you have the plugs out it wouldn't hurt to do a compression and/or leak down test.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would all the injectors clog causing all plugs to foul? Also its a dry fouling not wet if that makes a difference.

I guess i should just pull the TB tomorrow and clean everything the best i can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the fuel went bad and varnished the injectors they could be leaking or reacting slow and over fueling. The tips could be varnished and affecting the spray pattern/atomization.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious wouldnt a clogged injector cause a lean condition? also what are the odds of all the injectors having the same issue?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here are some pics of the throttle body. Looks like it was removed before as the clamps were loose and one didnt even have a nut on it...

Can this be cleaned and reused?

·
Registered
9 Posts
What do the injector tips look like? Pull the injectors out and clean the throttle body. Soak the injector tips and get them clean. Make up a way to test and internally clean each one. Several videos out there on injector cleaning

1 - 8 of 8 Posts