Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a super naked 2003 CBR600RR from a buddy here and it's not as naked anymore! Riding it home (didn't feel like loading it onto my truck cuz I couldn't find my straps) was a nightmare cuz I got pulled over by highway patrol asking why my bike was so naked and the many stares as why my bike looked like that. Even the left intake tube almost flew off on the freeway but was held onto by the relay wires, reason why I just decided to leave it on and had the right intake tube taken off. Well.. it's almost done, just need a gang of bolts which I ordered a kit from bikebolts.com.

The bike came lowered and I want to raise it back up to stock height like my other 600RR. I'm considering a trade for the lowering links and the side stand (it's been shortened) for whoever's stock link and stock side stand. I know lowering links go for like $100 but it'll be free, I just need your stock link and stock side stand.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It had the cardboard seat, cardboard rear seat, and headlights ziptied on. No brakelights though, my gf was following me.. rather have her rearend me than some soccer mom.

·
Registered
476 Posts
haha sounds like some very uncomfortable ride back.

·
Registered
882 Posts
wow, that is brave man! I don't think that I would have ridden it like that!

·
Registered
329 Posts
yeah that looks nice now but where DID you get those plastics? they had to be pricey

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they were a extra set i had sitting in my garage for like two years. it was supposed to be for a paint project i never got around to. at the time, i really wanted my rr white. this set isnt mint though... got it for like $500, i think, long time ago. its super dusty!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if i didnt have this set, ill probably go for those 3rd party fairings i see going for way under a grand. love the repsol and movistar sets.

·
Registered
422 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Already have a front fender, thanks though. Having a hard time putting it on.. I think I'll just take off the front tire to make things easier.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts