Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

From here again. I decided to start a new thread since last one went all over the place.

I currently have a bike that will only start with starter fluid. If I spray too much, I have to WOT start to get it on. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel injectors with good and clean ones. Tested fuel system in an isolated manner. All injectors sprayed well. Put it back together. Filled tank to top with gas.

What gets me is that the engine has a muffled flutter sound when it does crank on. Then immediately dies. I'm not an expert but at this point I feel like the valves aren't opening properly.

I'm wondering if its time to split the case or dip into the valve cover at the very least. I included a video of the start-up.

https://youtu.be/ihvXi3elM8k

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
You tested the fuel injectors by applying voltage correct? Have you verified that the bike is actually trying to fire them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Applied with a 9 volt, yes. Multi meter gave me a signal from the injector connectors. Since I have an extra fuel rail, I was thinking of hooking it up to the tank and to the engine harness and see if they spray while cranking. Just to physically verify.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts