Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read hundreds of these forums at this point and test almost everything I can think of on my bike but can't seem to get it going, the bike sat for 4 months without fuel stabilizier but stored with very little fuel in tank, replaced the gas and added cleaner in to try to get it running, starter cranks to start just doesn't kick on, starter fluid sprayed inside the airbox will get it running until the starter fluid dies out, the original issue was fuel pump died, replaced with a new one already installed, starter solenoid also fried fuse had to replace the whole box, the starter has been taken out and tested along with BAS, all relays, Fresh spark plugs installed, fuel injectors have been taken out tested and cleaned, and all connections are attached and full wire harness has been checked, when putting the wire into the red test connector on the back of the bike to check my FI codes I receive no codes at all, FI just stays on when the run switch is turned on, I'm thinking the bike isn't getting fuel but I can't tell why when I disconnect my fuel line from the fuel tank it's full of gas. Any ideas I'm missing?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Best guess would be the fuel pump. Although it’s been changed there a chance you got a dud. Take the pump off and check you’ve got power getting to the pump, then power up the pump and make sure it’s actually pumping.

Does the bike have an alarm system? My UK model has the Honda HISS system and when I wired in a remote start the bike cranked over but would fire up because the chip in the key was in range and the HISS immobiliser system was stopping it from fuelling.

I’d say the first option is more likely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best guess would be the fuel pump. Although it’s been changed there a chance you got a dud. Take the pump off and check you’ve got power getting to the pump, then power up the pump and make sure it’s actually pumping.

Does the bike have an alarm system? My UK model has the Honda HISS system and when I wired in a remote start the bike cranked over but would fire up because the chip in the key was in range and the HISS immobiliser system was stopping it from fuelling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

With the old pump i had that i switched out for my new one i got recently didnt have any issues with the fuel injectors leaking due to pressure , with this new one being added in onew of my fuel injectors after being cleaned the o ring was messed up on it so i replaced it and now its cleaned so i'm now getting pressure to my fuel line and the bike sounds way better its just right on that edge of not turning over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts