Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the my local dealer with a buddy of mine and I noticed that the 2004 CBR600rr's were $8,200.....I'm feeling very ripped off cause mine OTD was $9,500. I bought my 03 in October of 2003....What gives.

Sincerly,
A very upset speedprincess

·
Registered
287 Posts
market demand, everyone was waiting for the 03's to come out. I paid 9k out the door with a jacket thrown back in may of 03. But that bike got stolen, and i think the 04 i got was picked up for significantly less than my last bike...i hope at least.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dayum...Cali prices are expensive :shock: I got my RR back last september for $7800 OTD here in VA. Sucks to be here tho cuz the bike had to be in storage the last 3 months :(

·
Registered
423 Posts
If any of you guys are in the south or close enough that saveing $2,000.oo is worth the drive to mississippi then goto Lake Hill Cycles in Corinth Miss. I got my 03 there for $7100.00 out the door they have left over 03 for 6700.oo now and the 04 is $7300.00 but you have to pay taxes when you get home. my tag tax and title brought mine to $7500.oo.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
You guys have to remember, where in the country you buy your bike makes a world of diff.
Yes that is true, that is why you shop around and travel as far as you have to, to save yourself money.

Dealers here in the D.C. area with not move from the MSRP, than is why I traveled two hours away to save myself 850 plus dollars.

I

·
0 Posts
9,500 OTD?? Where'd you get it?

I got mine early last year and got it for $8,750 OTD from LA Cycle Sports, pretty much right when they came out (around March, I think). I WAS on the waiting list though.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Blade-Runner,

Did you try Motorcycle Factory Inc, in Woodbridge? They are way better than Coleman Powersport. As I said, I got mine for around $7800 otd, no haggling...including tax/title. My brother got a 954 in 2002 from them and got it for $8900 OTD.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
FYI: I got my 04 in Jan 04 for $7,750 OTD w/o tax & tag. :bounce:
I got my bike in cali for $7,300 plus tax, tags and delivery fees which came out to $9,100. So who got a better deal? Depends on where you live again with tax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
gettin my blue 04 in 2 weeks for 6,500.00 i don't count though as my friend knows the dealer and is hookin me up.. i can't wait to get it though..feels like christmas :) :bounce:

·
Registered
725 Posts
paid 7800 for the bike, then 8300 OTD

Honestly, if you have the money to spend, it doesn't matter, but if you like to save money, don't give up. If a dealer won't move, go elsewhere.

MSRP = taking in the rear ... some people like it, and that's ok ... just not for me :wink:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
FYI I am in the US Air Force, stationed in Maryland, and a New York State resident, I do not pay sales tax on vehicles while I'm in the military. So I paid $7,750 for the bike and $41 to title and tag the bike in New York, for a grand total of $7,791 "Out The Door." :bounce:

·
Registered
122 Posts
To everybody getting better deals in other states, it is much more difficult to get a good deal around here. If you can get the dealer to give you the bike at MSRP Out the door than it is pretty much a good deal. I got mine for $9,000 OTD and don't really care when I hear other people getting a better deal for two reasons. One unlike 75% of those in the US I get to ride year round. Two because I love my bike even if I paid $10,000 I was still consider it worth every penny.

SpeedPrincess if you are happy with your bike then don't worry about it, just enjoy the ride. I don't know where in SoCal you are, but I'm in Orange County hit me up if you are close by and want to go ride sometime.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I paid 8250 + tax and tags last April. Each dealer in my area got one red/black (the fast ones) over the course of 10 days, I got the second one in the area at the time, had a down payment on it from the 1st of Feb.

·
Registered
185 Posts
$8500 OTD in Utah..lol i really didn't care i just wanted a bike and now!!.. :p i was 19 so i got a loan for $6000 max-out my credit card $2500 and Cash in fist $500 /watching all the haters faces when i pulled up at the light ....PRICELESS :rocker:

·
Registered
378 Posts
PAID 7449 AFTER TAXES AND EXTENDED WARRANTY ABOUT 8500

·
Registered
383 Posts
my 04 Candy blue is going to cost me 7600 I believe out the door. I called the guy the other day but I want to make absolutely certain. This is the price all day.

But considering I have no gear I will end up spending another 400-600 on gear (jacket, helmet, gloves, etc).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts