Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supp guys,
Just bought a 2004 CBR600RR. The headlights went out even when high beams are on still doesn’t work but everything else does still work. I replace the bulb still didn’t turn on. Could it be that a fuse burnt out and is the reason why it won’t turn back on?
Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
Not sure what you're saying. You have no headlights hi or low? Or just no low?

Does the hi indicator light on the cluster when you turn hi on?

Fuse is the easiest thing to check. I have popped a few over the years for no known reason.

·
Registered
2018 S1000RR Blue/White/Carbon 2015 R3 Red/White 2006 CBR600RR (blacked out)
37 Posts
Supp guys,
Just bought a 2004 CBR600RR. The headlights went out even when high beams are on still doesn’t work but everything else does still work. I replace the bulb still didn’t turn on. Could it be that a fuse burnt out and is the reason why it won’t turn back on?
Thanks
Check your fuse first, Fuse "a" powers the headlight relay for highbeam, low beam gets it power through the start/run switch powered from the same fuse and grounds on the same circuit as the bank angle sensor. When you select high beam it energizes the relay and allows power to pass to the highbeam bulb illuminating both bulbs and the indicator in your cluster to say the high beam is on.

As bat-1 asked, does the blue indicator light come on to say the high beam is on when you turn them on?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,937 Posts
The headlight does not share a circuit with the BAS. There is a dude labeled headlights, which believe it or not powers the headlights.

The start button interrupts the headlight circuit to shut the lights off when the starter is running. It's just a way to have more juice available to the starter.

If both your headlights are out, the bulbs are good, and the starter still works, open the start switch housing and check for a broken wire

It's a common issue for the wire to the headlights to come detached from the starter switch

·
Registered
37 Posts
The headlight does not share a circuit with the BAS. There is a dude labeled headlights, which believe it or not powers the headlights.

The start button interrupts the headlight circuit to shut the lights off when the starter is running. It's just a way to have more juice available to the starter.

If both your headlights are out, the bulbs are good, and the starter still works, open the start switch housing and check for a broken wire

It's a common issue for the wire to the headlights to come detached from the starter switch
Here we can see power come into the fuse block to power all the fuses through a red wire with black tracer. Leaving fuse A is a Black wire with red tracer

Follow that wire and you'll find it runs through the start switch allowing it to interrupt power when starting the bike as to remove this load and give the starter max battery power. It splices off however to provide power to the headlight relay for highbeam function when the switch is turned to "hi beam" and energizes the coil in the relay to allow the power to transmit through to your highbeam bulb. Same fuse as the low beam, but ONLY the high beam is powered by the relay

Now look closely at the start switch, power MUST run through here to allow the switch to disable the lights when starting and then it continues its journey to the switch for the highbeam and splices off to the low beam bulb. Therefore the lowbeam gets power as does the highbeam switch and high beam relay as long as the starter switch is not pressed and assuming theres no issues with the starter switch as you've mentioned

:ahem: Here you can see that the ground circuit for the headlights shares the same ground as your BAS

In closing, yes the start switch can cause an issue because its meant to be an interrupt to remove a large load like headlights from the system when cranking the motor so if the connection is lost there you wont have low beam or high beam.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,937 Posts
the bank angle sensor is powered by the white/black, which originates from a 10 amp fuse in the fuse box (fuse D)

the headlights are powered by the black/red, which originates from a 20 amp fuse in the fuse box (Fuse A)

the headlights circuit has nothing to do with the bank angle sensor circuit.

so this

Check your fuse first, Fuse "a" powers the headlight relay for highbeam, low beam gets it power through the start/run switch powered from the same fuse and grounds on the same circuit as the bank angle sensor. When you select high beam it energizes the relay and allows power to pass to the highbeam bulb illuminating both bulbs and the indicator in your cluster to say the high beam is on.
holds no water. that's all i was pointing out for you. i don't need diagrams.

·
Registered
37 Posts
the bank angle sensor is powered by the white/black, which originates from a 10 amp fuse in the fuse box (fuse D)

the headlights are powered by the black/red, which originates from a 20 amp fuse in the fuse box (Fuse A)

the headlights circuit has nothing to do with the bank angle sensor circuit.
I never claimed they were powered on the same circuit, only that they share a common ground, even posted a picture of the wiring diagram showing as such, i mean unless you think the wiring diagram is false

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,937 Posts
if you didnt then your english is pretty damn messy.

anyway, the problem is most likely the wire on the start button, or even a slightly stuck on start button.

start there OP. as i said it's a common issue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
if you didnt then your english is pretty damn messy.
Instead of attacking me due to you MISREADING a sentence you could have still made your point about the common issue. Instead you focused on what I said out of a need to feel better than someone else or smarter.

In bold if you read that it says the low beam, start/run switch, and high beam circuit including relay are all powered by the same fuse. Fuse "A" then i write the word "and" separating the prior statement and initiating a separate statement about how the headlights ground on the same circuit as the BAS.

You got so excited to try and tear someone down and sound better than someone else and focused on my statement about the BAS sharing a ground and misread it somehow (not sure really how) to read that the BAS and headlight share the same source of power.

I must say there Wibbly, maybe you need to stop trying to attack someone based on your own ignorance and get your point across which ultimately was the common issue of the wire being loose in the start switch. Why so angry?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts