Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here's the deal before you jump out and go to town on your bike here's a little tip for some of you or maybe not, well first off my bike was sitting in the garage for about 7 months no start nothing just sitting there battery shot to hell, i buy a new battery baby starts right up no problem, so every other day i start her up, but on one day i tried starting the bike up and i notice theres no priming when you turn the kill switch over to the on position, so for days i go to town checking fuses, relays, everything, frusted i just grab an air compressor and blow into the gas tank, and what do you know fuel injector primes and not a problem after that, just some gas crystalized and clog it but im glad i didnt have to take all the crap off and what not so just a tip maybe i dont know.(btw my gas level was pretty low, thats probably why the injector was clog)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The fuel pump priming has nothing to do with a clogged injector. If it didn't work and now it does, Then either the pump was jammed and your air pressure got it to spin???? or you do have a loose wire and it just happens to be connecting at the moment.

I point this out to save you some embarassment. I would prolly crash if I saw some bike on the side of the road with someone face blowing into the gas tank.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Keep an eye on the fuel pump. Sounds like while your bike was sitting your gas may have gotten clogged into the pump causing it not to prime. Drain the tank and get some good fuel in there. The air probably moved around all the junk on the bottom and everything could work again. T

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i didnt blow into the gas tank you idiot i used an air compressor, and let me tell you i would love to see you crash and die
Holy cow man relax. I can read that you used an air compressor to pressurize your tank at home. My point was that if your bike died while you were out riding... not to pull over and start pressurizing your tank with your mouth thinking it would fix your bike.

I was trying to encourage you to find the real problem... not trying to encourage you to be an a**hole.

I'll tell you what, when your bike breaks down and you're stranded on the side of the road. If another 600RR stops to give you a hand, you tell them you're on 600rr.net and your name is nrak672. That way... If I happen to be the one that stops, I can just go ahead and leave your sorry a** there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts