Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I bought this bike 4 years ago and came with a standard can and was given an akrapovič exhaust with it (free)
So after a few spins with it it felt boring, like it was bogged down...
Put the Akra on and what a difference, no lag when turning throttle and felt better...
But, up until last week I hated the way the exhaust looked at the rear.
It wasnt straight... but it was the right one for this bike and seen other users with the same thing. I got about 160 miles out of fuel tank at a push (speed limit and just cruising :cruising:)
So I opted for another exhaust, The Dan Moto GP Exhaust...
Fitted that and the noise is a lot better but small tiny lag on throttle and smell of fuel like its too rich...

So am I better getting a power commander to help this or can I try something else as it looks straight and better at the back

Thanks

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Power commander with a custom map will certainly straighten out your A/F ratio & fix most boggy bits in the rev range.

Some say it's not necessary for a slip on though. In my experience, it helped

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'm no expert but it will depend on how rich or lean the new exhaust makes it. If you have a dyno close by you could get it checked over for peace of mind.
I run my 05 with an aftermarket exhaust for 2 years before it was mapped & I can't say it harmed it, but I'm glad I did get the map because it did make a difference

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contacted local dyno and told me to get a power commander and have read on here people mentioning a Bazzaz system.
What is this?

Bike was running great with Akra on it just with this one on it it seems like its running too rich...
What should the idle/rev be at on the guage with the idle screw just to be sure

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Idle should be around 1500rpm when at operating temp if I remember right.

The bazzaz is another system like the PC, but I've not looked into how effective it is over the Dynojet products.

I would get the PC then a custom map. Then everything is as it should be. I gained 5hp with my map, but more importantly the bike was much more responsive & the power was smoother throughout the rev range

1 - 6 of 6 Posts