Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody updated their 2003 with the new heat shield on the Rectifier Regulator? If so, how was the install and did it make a difference in driving temps? I called my dealership with the part number and he couldn't find it on the parts list.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come one guys, I know someone has tried this. If I could just get the part number I would. I tried with the part number someone had posted earlier on this site, but my dealer couldn't pull it up.

C

·
0 Posts
http://600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5836&highlight= Here is the link to the post Luckydevil did about it. I think it's just there to protect the regulator from being damaged by the heat from your headers and radiator. I don't think it has anything to do with cooling the bike. It sounds like anyone could add it on or even make one themselves. Maybe they will come out with a light weight CF one or something... If you try Ron Ayers, or Big Valley Honda, or Bells Honda (600rr preferred vendor) they might be able to order it for you. Or you could always try e-bay. Good Luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's the link I was talking about and I tried using the part number luckydevil had and no luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problems. But I thought that the heat shield might make the bike run a little cooler. I'm constantly at 222-224 when I'm just crusing at low speeds around town.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
mikesamillion said:
the heat shield will not help engine running temps at all. the heat shield is only for the elctrical regulator for the electrical system.
Yep he's right. It's only going to help with electrical power output if your having a problem. No cooler engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts