Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, So i looked at 2004 Yellow RR yesterday. It has scuffs on the left right mid farings (about where the frame sliders are). Other than that the bike needs new tires, and an oil change. Without talking about the price of the bike let me say it is a good deal.

So here is the question... I'm a noob @ riding. But this is the make/ model for me. (no flaming for getting a 600 for the first bike) What is it going to cost me to purchase new front/ rear tire, oil change. I'm thinking about leaving the rashed farings on just to learn on. IF/ When i drop it hopefully nothing else happens but the farings will prob. be replaced this winter after i get some saddle time.

Lastly when my buddy who has an 03 600rr test rode it he said it felt a bit sluggish. The owner said it hadn't been ridden for ~ 7 or 8 months. Suggestions on getting rid of the "sluggish" responsiveness... i.e. plugs, fuel, air filter, fuel filter? Anyways whoever chimed in on another thread with "check the chain" don't respond... =)

Thanks gents.

Cg

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
i could swear tha the 2003 600rr was the only year for yellow........if this really is a 2004 maybe it was crashed and he switched colors to cover it up, might wanna ask about that just to make sure you are getting the straight scoop on the bike. not saying this is the case but i tend to not trust people at times.

·
Registered
413 Posts
paulywalnuts said:
2003 is the only year the Yellow was produced...
I concur, but mine was the prettiest

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm, since this is the case i'll have to talk more with this kid... i don't have a prob. with the color, overall it is in good condition, he says that its not salvage,and that the bike is a 2004... dunno, it has the gray lowers, and the rest is yellow...its only got 7400 miles on it as well.

Cg

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm, well this is concerning me. So here are the details of the sale, i asked about the color... just waiting for a reply...

2004 Yellow 600rr, jardine slipon, frame sliders, front/ rear stand, spools for rear, helmet, 2 jackets, and gloves - $5300. he said it had a clean title.

Cg

·
Registered
344 Posts
i would run the VIN and make sure that it's not salvage. He could have a 2004 and have replaced all the plastics with the yellow ones. The price sounds about right, but i'd also be concered with the sluggish feel to it. usually an oil change could fix this, and i'd also be a little concerned with it not being ridden/started in over 8-10 months...could have sludge build up from the oil sitting in there too long. Again, this can usually be solved with a or multiple oil changes with frequent riding.

post pictures if you can as well.

·
Registered
787 Posts
check frame for year produced, if its an 04, he either repainted it, or replaced all fairings with the 03...which also raises the question of why?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
It's totally possible to have a 2004 with yellow plastics guys... don't be ridiculous. Maybe the guy liked yellow.

+1 on checking out the VIN and all that though, just to make sure the bike has a legit title and is what he says it is, $5300 sounds pretty good though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got a call last night from a local guy who is selling his 2005 for $6k. Low miles, brand new Pilot Powers. So if i can grab that i'll do it... I can almost feel that pulsing machine between my legs now... ;-) ... soooo close

Cg

·
Registered
55 Posts
teg said:
check frame for year produced, if its an 04, he either repainted it, or replaced all fairings with the 03...which also raises the question of why?
+1 check on the frame....unless he's completely stripped it and put it back the frame should say 03= which is the only year the yellow was made

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
DON'T DO IT, something really smells fishy. especially with the sluggish feel to it. And yes, the best color of all RR's, Yellow, was an '03 limited edition, lol.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
coskibum00 said:
I got a call last night from a local guy who is selling his 2005 for $6k. Low miles, brand new Pilot Powers. So if i can grab that i'll do it... I can almost feel that pulsing machine between my legs now... ;-) ... soooo close

Cg
Buy THIS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So i went and saw the bike last night... IT WAS AMAZING!!! I'm hoping to pick it up from him early next week. This is the 2005 black, everything was black, and perfectly stock... exactly what i'm looking for... =) It was on the high side of my budget, but there is still a month or two of warranty left. It had some VERY light rash on the right side, no scratches on the bar ends, or anything. Brand new PP's.

The only catch with this bike is that the seller doesn't have the title... He put the bike on a Honda Credit Card 9 months ago. So since it isn't a local bank i'm not sure how this is going to work... thoughts? I have cash paying $6k. He owes $7k still..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts