Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw a thread on this earlier but am too lazy to search for it.

Anywho, all the bike shops around me are out of 04 600RR's and this sales guy told me they will be releasing the 05's some time in August maybe September of this year?

Anybody else hear this or is this guy blowing smoke up my arse?

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Blowing smoke out of his ass... they don't release the bikes until a lot later than that...and the dealerships won't get them for A LOT longer than that...I think our dealerships got the '04s this year in Febuary? Maybe later, I don't really remember...but dealers talk this kind of **** all the time

·
Registered
726 Posts
My dealers' out of 600rr's as well. According to him they'll be getting another shipment on, in August, however, he did not state whether or not they'd be 04's or 05's. In any case I heard another round of shipments in August as well. . . . ;-)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm a salesman here in Oklahoma City at a Honda Yamaha Ducati dealer, and sportbikes (all of them) come out very late when compared to cruisers and dirtbikes. The sportbikes won't be out until MAYBE late december but more like Jan/Feb for 05 models. This year they came to us in Feb, but there are indications they MIGHT be in a little early.

Whatever comes in August would just about have to be 04's. We are down to 4 1000RR's, 1 R-1, 2 600RR's, and we have 0 R-6's for 04 models so if anyone was going to get 05's early, we'd have to be at the top of the list.

·
Registered
544 Posts
If honda is like yamaha, they will tell the press about them in sept. and maybe advertise them on the websites. but the actuall product sales release is usually around feb to march of the model year.

Tim

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah... that's what I thought. There would be no way Honda would release an 05 series without properly marketing it... that's like sales 101.

Suppossedly, Honda Norfolk's out, so's Casey and Cycle World. The guy at Honda on VB blvd has two red/black 04's left. But he will be getting in a shipment in August.

I am bitting my finger nails waiting for my insurance crap and trying to get the bike before the 6.9% financing runs out at the end of this month. If I buy one of his 04's, he's got my nuts in a vice on pricing and he's gonna rape me for list price plus OTD fees... Rotten SALES BASTAGES...

·
Registered
212 Posts
DAYROCK- FYI- I recently got an update from Honda showing 2005 gets different APR's. Here's the breakdown.... 24 to 36 months 6.9% 37 to48 7.9% and 49 to 60 8.9 % Just thought I'd let you know, just in case the interest rate is a main concern. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dudes, I just called another dealer, the guy from Norfolk, and he said that he's getting in 2005's is September this year. Not 04's. Said the only difference will be the color scheme... hmmmmmm?

He also said not to worry about the finance thing as it will drop back to 6.9%. They do this to make sure they dump all that years models.

I guess we will wait and see...

·
Registered
919 Posts
So far all dearlers are full of Sh!T as the dealer show isnt until September, which is when the models are unveailed and then the dealers can put in orders for the next season. Dont beive one word from these liers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have the inside scoop on what the new additions will be to the 05 rr's? 1000's and 600's? I saw the other post by dayrock about the color schemes, but I need more info!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
RRpilot said:
So far all dearlers are full of Sh!T as the dealer show isnt until September, which is when the models are unveailed and then the dealers can put in orders for the next season. Dont beive one word from these liers.

Well not all of us man. I tell 20 people a day that the 05 sportbikes won't be out until Feb. or so. I know most people hate us salesmen, but not all of us lie with every breath in our bodies.

We haven't even seen the marketing stuff at all, and my boss will be goin to the show in september. When he gets back he should have some printed marketing crap that I'll try to post when he gets it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts