Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy at the track yesterday. He had a 600RR, now he has a GSXR 600. He mentioned something in passing about the Gixxer being more comfortable than the CBR. I was a little surprised, so I asked him again. He said, "Oh yeah. Everybody knows the Gixxer is a lot more comfortable than the CBR."

Is that true? I'm thinking about getting a CBR600RR, but I'm somewhat concerned about riding comfort, because I'm quite elderly (46).

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
We have a 66 year old that races the 600RR on this Forum, age is never an excuse untill your like 70+ ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've ridden both. The gixxer does have a softer seat but you can always swap the seat on a CBR out for a Corbin or Sergant. As for ergos they are about the same.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The RR's seat is harder, and it does put a little more weight on the wrists than the GSXR.

None of these bikes are very comfortable, and it really just comes down to your own body size and shape.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well it's not just the seat itself, it's the heigth of the seat off the ground in conjunction with the angle of the clip ons to the rear sets. The 05 RR (which is what I have) feels like your on top of the moto as appose to the feeling of being in or a part of the Gixy 600 (which my buddy has). My legs were more cramped on his and I felt like I was pressing against the fuel tank, but on mine, my legs are more comfortable and whan I lean forward I feel like I'm immediately on the top surface of the tank. Just my 2 cents though ;o)

N

·
0 Posts
I've ridden both. The gixxer does have a softer seat but you can always swap the seat on a CBR out for a Corbin or Sergant. As for ergos they are about the same.
A friend of mine got the Corbin seat and it's not the same as the gel type seat the other makes incorporate. As a matter of fact, the Corbin seat felt hard to me.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The '05 isn't comfortable (especially compared to my old F4), per se, but it's comfortable enough for me to ride for 3~4 hours without too much trouble.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
I don't have a single complaint on my 06 seat (unless it's THAT much different than the 05). But I am more comfortable on the RR than a gsx-r 600.

Different bikes are built for different people...

·
Registered
237 Posts
A friend of mine got the Corbin seat and it's not the same as the gel type seat the other makes incorporate. As a matter of fact, the Corbin seat felt hard to me.
Oh I know Corbin is not softer but it is supposed to be more comfy. I haven't tried on though.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
"Oh yeah. Everybody knows the Gixxer is a lot more comfortable than the CBR."
not necessarily true. the gixxer's seat is softer, but i find that the more aggresive riding position, gas tank, and rearset position is more uncomfortable in the suzuki's. i've ridden both the gixxer 600/750 and i find that riding position is much better on RR's. seats are a bit hard on honda but its never been an issue for me.
and Age has never been a riding issue no matter what bike u ride. its all in good fun and being responsible on the road.

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
I ride this for hours at a time in real mountains. The RR is VERY comfortable campared to my MTB (Giant VT-1 1.0 BTW).

·
Registered
498 Posts
the first time i sat on a cbr i loved it!!!
the gixxer though did not impress me all that much???
i think you just have to go to the dealership and sit on the bikes they have on display and go from there.
like butter said different bikes are made for different people.

·
Registered
840 Posts
i sat on a gixxer and both the 06 and 07 RR's back to back, one after another. While i was on the gixxer, it felt like the tank was kinda punching me in the stomache. But I have to admit though, the angle of the seat and lower position really does make the bike a bit more comfortable. On the 06, the seat was a bit harder but nothing that i considered to be unbearable or i couldnt get used to. The seat on the 07 feels a bit softer in comparison with the 06, but the thing about the RR's is that both of them seated me just right so the tank didnt feel like it was "punching" me in the stomache.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm about to turn 46 years old. I find the GSXR 600 and 750 much more comfortable than the CBR 600RR or 1000RR. As mentioned, the rider sits in a GSXR vs sitting on top of the CBR.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
As mentioned, the rider sits in a GSXR vs sitting on top of the CBR.
that all depends on ur perception. i feel very uncomfortable with the gixxer riding position vs "sitting on top" of the RR. i'm not biased either. before i purchased my RR, i rode my friend's 06gixxer for a month. the gixxer does feel like ur more "in" the bike but its also uncomfortable, and feels like ur more stretched out and reaching for the clip-ons.

now the actual seat cushion is another story...

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I've ridden the 06 Gixxer 600 and did find it more comfortable than my old RR. I'm 6'2" tall and found the cockpit on the Gixxer a little more stretched out. I fit better on the Zuke than on the Honda.

Ain't NO way I'd buy one though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts