Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
If it’s not electrical it’s mechanical. and most of the time, if it was wiring/electrical or sensors you’ll get codes (tps, injectors etc). To me it looks mechanical... reason why I asked if the previous owner had done valve adjustment (maybe he did it himself but didn’t tell you or what not) is because if the marked lines aren’t align properly she set, bike won’t start without throwing codes (which sounds like your bike too).

Also look at the clutch cover....see if it’s been open before (most would have some messy over applied gasket) as a matter of fact, I’d open it up and ruled out if this two are in place (see pic, circle in red)

If you have someone that you know with an 03-04, ask’em if you can borrow or use their ecu... if you don’t know anyone than I’d list it on local forum or local Craigslist with exchange of cash or beer or something to sweeten the deal. I totally doubt if it’s injectors or fuel pump though but that’s just me.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,999 Posts
if those two gears weren't in place the engine wouldn't even crank. those are the idlers that couple the starter motor to the crankshaft. they serve no purpose when it comes to fuel delivery, or even engine operation in general. you could remove them entirely and just bump start the bike to get it going.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,999 Posts
If you have 12v sitting at all your injectors then it's unlikely the harness.

The ecu may have a bad ground though.

You said you proved your pump. Plus An injector will work at low pressure. The bike needs **** all for fuel to idle

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
if those two gears weren't in place the engine wouldn't even crank. those are the idlers that couple the starter motor to the crankshaft. they serve no purpose when it comes to fuel delivery, or even engine operation in general. you could remove them entirely and just bump start the bike to get it going.
Yeah, I think I know what those are, I just forgot the part where the bike fired up with starting fluid (and died in seconds).

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you have 12v sitting at all your injectors then it's unlikely the harness.

The ecu may have a bad ground though.

You said you proved your pump. Plus An injector will work at low pressure. The bike needs **** all for fuel to idle
Where was the pump proven to work? I do agree though that even if the pump was going bad it should still idle... but hey maybe the pump is totally f***ed.

·
Registered
537 Posts
This thread is very confusing.

What is the latest since your original post?

Do you have any spark at all?
Does the engine run even briefly, if so how long and will throttle kill it?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,999 Posts
Yes it has spark. Start fluid is a perfectly reasonable way to check. The test was conclusive.

Pulling the clutch cover to look for starting idler gears is a waste of time. As is checking the crank pulse generator as it wouldn't spark without it.

OP I'm signing off

Pm me if you want to, this thread is falling apart.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Yes it has spark. Start fluid is a perfectly reasonable way to check. The test was conclusive.

Pulling the clutch cover to look for starting idler gears is a waste of time. As is checking the crank pulse generator as it wouldn't spark without it.

OP I'm signing off

Pm me if you want to, this thread is falling apart.
Ya, not lots of people reading the full thread anymore. Ill keep thread updated, but will def PM if I get stuck again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Update #8

Put fuel injectors back in. More than half of them leaked after. No surprise as the gaskets were pretty old and I probably chopped them up on the reinstallion. Still wasn't starting at all like that after reassembly.

Pulled them out again today. Installed new o-ring gaskets on the injectors. No more leaks. Yay. Hooked everything up fuel rail wise, but didn't reassemble it; ie air box and wiring.

Rigged up the fuel pump to the battery, yellow with red line is the positive, black is negative, in case anyone wants to do it themselves. Got a 9volt battery and rigged some wiring to test each injector.

Took a couple photos anyone wanting to view the set up. I made sure no lines were pinched as well. Also, the fuel pump will continue to prime if connected to thr battery like this, so hook up the injector first, then prime the pump with power.

Fuel pump/injector test, isolated. https://imgur.com/gallery/lN25w

Not a single injector sprayed at all. All of them just dribbled fuel out like a toddler drinking without a sippy cup for the first time. So I'm going to purchase a fuel pump tonight.

I'd like your guy's input on this:

1. Buy a $25 Chinese aftermarket pump?
2. Buy a $50 no splice pump for a more reputable manufacturer?
3. Buy $135-$200 OEM used and clean it and hope for the best?
4. Buy $320 OEM new?

·
Registered
389 Posts
:drunk:
I'd like your guy's input on this:

1. Buy a $25 Chinese aftermarket pump?
2. Buy a $50 no splice pump for a more reputable manufacturer?
3. Buy $135-$200 OEM used and clean it and hope for the best?
4. Buy $320 OEM new?
I'd say option 2 if such a pump even exists. If it were me, though, I might just chance it on a cheapie chinese pump. Just know the gas gauge may not work, and it may need some "adjustment" to fit. Just make sure you buy from a US seller in case you have to return it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KENRO-New-...ash=item4661c49175:g:XBEAAOSwHm5ZualN&vxp=mtr

This looks decent. 43 psi seems a little low as I believe spec is 50 but from the looks of it all the ebay pumps are 43... Small investment and if it doesn't work you can get your money back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
New pump made some of the injectors spray but not all of them. Bought a 2nd set got like 1 or 2 good ones. Gave them a light cleaning. Ordered a 3rd set. Going to send them to the deep cleaners next Tuesday. So theres progress now but still not running. In the mean time, I went out and bought a 2002 cbr954 rr tonight....

·
Registered
3 Posts
New pump made some of the injectors spray but not all of them. Bought a 2nd set got like 1 or 2 good ones. Gave them a light cleaning. Ordered a 3rd set. Going to send them to the deep cleaners next Tuesday. So theres progress now but still not running. In the mean time, I went out and bought a 2002 cbr954 rr tonight....
Did you ever get the bike running having same issue with mine and can’t figure it out at all

61 - 76 of 76 Posts