Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant afford to replace 5 things to see witch one fixes the problem. I need to figure out exactly whats wrong before I spend money to fix it. So for the sake of easily explaining the problem lets pretend my throttle hits full open roughly 5 degrees before it currently does right now. So if I were to twist the throttle all the way open it would stop 5 or so degrees before it currently does. In this scenario my bike performs flawlessly and will rev all the way to the limiter and hit its top speed. As said this is not the actual case. When I pass that mark and hit the real throttle lock the bike losses power and wont go any faster than 120mph and wont rev past 12-13ish thousand rpm. It idles fine and starts fine. It revs and accelerates normal until you hit the 12-13k mark. I looked at the throttle body butterfly valves and they do not twist further than they should. My thought is the TPS but im here because I dont know for sure. I need to eliminate the ignition system (plugs, coils, distributer, etc.) and the fuel pump as the possible cause but without spending money. I have a multi-meter but no experience fixing super sports so I have no clue how to troubleshoot the problem and get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have Power Commander or Bazzaz installed?

If yes, there might be some erroneous (exceptionally large fuel addition number on 100% throttle)
No the bike is stock. Only has a yoshi slip on and this problem existed before and after the pipe was put on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts