Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
the actual connector for the bank angle sensor shouldn't be in the front of the cowl. i'm fairly sure it'll be in the left side of the front fairing by the air ducts. (i don't have an 05 so i'm going by pics online)

if you want instant gratification, you can bypass the bank angle sensor by grounding the smaller gauge red/white wire at the engine stop relay. that relay should have a larger gauge red/white, a smaller gauge red/white, a black, and a black/white on it. make sure you ground the smaller gauge red/white lest you'll blow your main efi fuse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wibbly you are a literal life saver! So I pulled the cowling and immediately saw the issue. The ground coming from the main harness to the BAS had but cut and SPLICED with a butt connector in two places. The first connector had gotten so hot it melted into the air box plastic! I made a jumper to go from battery Neg and straight to the small green wire and bike fired right up and functions perfect. Shifts into gear fine and clutch doesn’t affect anything now. Time to clean some wiring, solder/dielectric grease and heat shrink this mess. thank you again!

·
Registered
187 Posts
see the edits please. this is not all true.

i don't know where you stole this from, but the original author makes several false assertions about the operation of the safety switches on this bike. perhaps he's talking about a different bike.

it is never possible for the starter circuit to be satisfied if the sidestand is down and the bike is in gear. period.

there seems to be a lot of confusion about how this all works but it's actually quite simple. the clutch switch is in series with the sidestand switch. if you have no neutral, you need both clutch and sidestand, not either or.

the ECU watches the state of neutral and the sidestand circuit to enable ignition. it needs either of them to be satisfied to enable the ignition system. if it loses both it shuts off the bike. that's why you can kill the bike by putting the sidestand down when in gear, but not when in neutral.

that's all there is to it.

OP, if the bike stalls when you select a gear there may be an issue with the connection of the green/white on pin 6 of the grey connector on your ECU. this is how the ECU knows the sidestand is up. it will disable the ignition if it loses neutral. or perhaps your sidestand bypass isn't properly done.

but your explanation of the pump priming only after pumping the clutch is troublesome as the clutch switch has nothing whatsoever to do with the pump priming. so it could be a grounding issue, and the engine stop circuit is finding its ground through the start safety circuit.
No not all true but this was a Generic explanation of how it works , thats why I added the Manual picture of the 2 and 3 pin diodes, to show that, but at least you altered the generic explanation for the future which should now apply to these bikes

21 - 26 of 26 Posts