Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Unless you or the previous owner removed the blinker wiring from the harness it should be under the mid fairing. Have you removed them yet? Are there OEM lights installed now?
it didn’t have front turn signals when i got the bike. and i just saw today that there was some wires that have been cut off. and i’m thinking they must’ve cut it. idk

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
I can't see the color codes on the wiring but my 04 is Orange, green, and orange/white on the left and L. Blue, green, and L. Blue/white on the right. I can't say for sure whether you have the same color code as I think Honda changed it on the 05-06 models. But if it isn't that color code it should be something real similar. The white striped goes to the running light and the solid color to the turn signal. Green is ground.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't see the color codes on the wiring but my 04 is Orange, green, and orange/white on the left and L. Blue, green, and L. Blue/white on the right. I can't say for sure whether you have the same color code as I think Honda changed it on the 05-06 models. But if it isn't that color code it should be something real similar. The white striped goes to the running light and the solid color to the turn signal. Green is ground.
mine has blue/green on the right, and orange/white on the left. is it gonna be a unplug the old wire and plug in the new wire which is in my new turn signal? or do i need to connect wires like hard wiring it?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hand Tartan Eyewear Dress shirt Sleeve

this is what i’m talking about. do i need to take this off and connect it to my bike’s wire? or just plug this in my bike?

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
You need 3 wires for each light on the front. You can look on eBay and see about finding some OEM PIN connectors for it, buy another set of PIN connectors, or solder them together. Either way, you'll need to solder. It looks like the PO cut the PIN connectors off.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need 3 wires for each light on the front. You can look on eBay and see about finding some OEM PIN connectors for it, buy another set of PIN connectors, or solder them together. Either way, you'll need to solder. It looks like the PO cut the PIN connectors off.
now i understand. okay cool!!! thanks!!!

· Registered
1,076 Posts
First, you want to repair bike's harness by re-attaching female connector and restore to stock condition. Can get replacement harness connectors to restore your wiring in this thread below.

Second, you want to convert your 2-wire lights to 3-wire connectors with diodes. This makes the light function as running-lights for safety when not turning. Then they will flash when you flip winker switch.

So you'll need:

2x 3-wire female connectors
2x 3-wire male connector
6x male terminal pins
2x female terminal pins (just unlock existing terminals from light's connectors)
4x diodes

· Registered
575 Posts
Yeah bro, I call that an exorcism! I took about two lunchboxes full of tape, resistors, SkotchLoks, wire nuts, speaker wire, etc. out of my CBR! Like yous guys I put OEM connectors with solder and heat shrink.
I run an aftermarket flasher that gives standard DOT flash rate regardless of bulb type 👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts