Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my CBR for a couple of months so I've had a chance to get used to it, but there is one thing that is troubling me: in the city (with traffic ranging from light to heavy) I get 6.2 - 7L/100km (33-38mpg), on country roads (at 90-110km/h) I get like 5L/100km (47mpg), but if I do 150km/h I seem to get 22L/100km (~11mpg) (a fuel bar, from a total of 8, disappears after ~10km).

I changed the air filter when I bought the bike and the spark plugs were, theoretically, changed by the previous owner (haven't checked them yet since the bike seems to run OK).

Is it just my bike or is it normal?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
The only way to accurately measure fuel mileage is start from a fully fueled tank and set your trip meter to zero, ride until you have no bars left and divide how much fuel it takes to fill it back up by how many miles you went.

Those bars are NOT accurate nor are they a direct correlation to how much fuel is in the tank, they are notoriously inaccurate so one bar down does not mean you've gone down 1/8 of a tank.

Try that method for a few tanks and get a feel for what the bike dies. My RR shows full for 30-40 miles then gets more linear until a half tank (around 100 miles) when it will drop quickly from there to empty. That seems to be fairly normal for these bikes.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts