Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I have a 2005 CBR600rr with a few track toys :)
Race Fairings
Healtech Quickshifter
Front Brake Guard
Healtech Gear Indicator
R&G Engine Covers
Pirelli Diablo SuperCorsa SP V3 tyres
DiD 520 ERV7 X-Ring Gold Racing Drive Chain
Renthal Sprockets
Aftermarket Brake and Clutch Levers

I want to get a race exhaust as in my opinion the stock exhaust sounds terrible, very quiet and 'fan-like'. I need it to be under 98db WITH A BAFFLE, I am not too bothered of the DB level with no baffle in. Any suggestions would be massively appreciated!

It also probably worth mentioning I live in the UK so a UK company would be preferred!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Helmet Automotive tire

·
Registered
735 Posts
Greetings & Salutations!!!

Not sure about any aftermarket exhaust. I got black-flagged at Laguna Seca for loudness with stock exhaust. Which apparently is over their 98db limit. Ended up with custom baffle in factory exhaust to pass sound-check. I still hugged opposite side of track when going by sound booth just in case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings & Salutations!!!

Not sure about any aftermarket exhaust. I got black-flagged at Laguna Seca for loudness with stock exhaust. Which apparently is over their 98db limit. Ended up with custom baffle in factory exhaust to pass sound-check. I still hugged opposite side of track when going by sound booth just in case.
Wow that's odd. Ive not been black-flagged during drive by, nor have I gone above 93db in scrutineering checks with my stock. Just wanted something that sounds a bit nicer, gives a little bit of performance and also is lighter. The stock one weighs a TON!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't think 2003-2006 can be flashed. I've been looking since 2010. I've got hardware (arduino microcontroller) that can download maps from ECU, but there's no way to upload that I can find. I've sent my 2005 ECU off to several people that claim they can upgrade maps, but ECU comes back with exact same OEM factory bone-stock maps!

Ended up with PowerCommander+IgnitionModule. Got +8bhp over stock with lots of dyno-tuning. Installed full Yoshimura RS-5 system and got another +2bhp with more dyno-tuning. Ignition-maps optimised for 100-octane VP MS100 race petrol.

Went out and got 2007 for track bike because they can be flashed. Also using digital wideband O2-sensor with datalogging to tune. Much, much more convenient than dyno-tuning and not as costly! :)

Reactions: 498cm3
1 - 6 of 6 Posts