Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have the 2005, did they put helmet hooks on the 05's or do you still have to carry your helmet everywhere?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
well, you can use that cable thing like before to lock it in, but other than that no, still no hooks.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Well... it took me some time to figure it out but i think there is a "hook" type of thing. If you take of the passanger seat you will see there is a metal things that stick out from the subframe closer towards the front. The one on the left side of the bike has a little dent in it and the one on the right does not. The dent is there so you can slide your helmet clamp onto it and so it wouldnt fall off, than you can close the seat.

Yes, my directions are from a result of my crack habit :)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
helmet hook

Io-Bot said:
Well... it took me some time to figure it out but i think there is a "hook" type of thing. If you take of the passanger seat you will see there is a metal things that stick out from the subframe closer towards the front. The one on the left side of the bike has a little dent in it and the one on the right does not. The dent is there so you can slide your helmet clamp onto it and so it wouldnt fall off, than you can close the seat.

Yes, my directions are from a result of my crack habit :)
I haven't tried to see if I can just hook my helmet to the hook instead of using the cable that they supply to run through the chin strap hook then over the clip that holds on the pass. seat.
Has anyone tried this? That design sucks.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well, you are supposed to use the cable supplied to secure your helmet to the hook under the seat, the only problem that I see is that once you do that the helmet is kind of loose and can bounce up and down against the tail while you ride, but then again the helmet should be on your head and not strapped to the tail. :evil1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts