Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I am a rather small guy, 5'7" and 121 pounds, in search of an RR. I have done quite a bit of research and I have landed on getting an RR, that decision has already been made, but which one specifically hasn't been.

The 2010s are clearly the nicest, awesome paint jobs, latest model. Great bike, just out of the price range.

2009s are in the same boat as 2010s, but with less cool paint jobs.

2007/2008s are in the higher end of the price range, and I would be alright paying that much for them if they were exactly what I wanted, but I am having a hard time finding a good one. Specifically an ALL red one without the stupid silver lower fairing. HATE that. Yes, enough to not want to buy it.

That brings us to the 2005/2006s which I am under the impression are the same thing just with different paint? But significantly different from the newer models because they went through a complete overhaul, with less weight, slimmer, lower, more low end power, all the good stuff. My question is if it's worth it to still buy a 2005 RR considering the major differences in models? They are just quite a bit cheaper, which is a plus. Surely the 2005s are still great bikes, right?

I would not be taking this bike to the track, at all, no matter how much Demented bitches about it. Ha ha. Purely for around town, twisties and commuting. If that makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
the "significant" differences, for street purposes, are not that significant.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm just at about your size, 5 7' 130.. been on an 03 and its just a little taller than my 08.. I believe the Red with the Silver Mid fairings are 07s.. My 08 is Red with black mids.. Just pick-up an 07 and buy some black fairings or something..

·
Registered
3,752 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
I just bought a 2006 600rr. Honestly, if I were you, I wouldnt hesitate. Dont worry about the year so much. Get what you like and what you can afford. My 06 is not the newest or baddest thing on the street, but its what I wanted, and it gives me a great feeling everytime I see it or ride it.

If everything checks out with the bike, dont turn it down just because of the year. The changes from year to year you wont even notice, especially if its just for commuting around town (performance wise).

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
If the 07' are on the high end of your budget, then get an 05 for sure! but if you can handle the extra cost, get and 07+ It didnt win a ton of awards/bike of the year for nothing ;) i had an 02' F4i and loved it, but the 07RR is sweet a** :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've had an '03, and last year got an '06. '06 worked out all the kinks before the big change for '07's.
And '05 is a safe bet. On top of a damper, I'd put a Corbin seat on your list.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys for all your responses. I'm checking out a 2005 RR soon.

jimpaine1: I am quite a ways from you, Western Washington.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
the "significant" differences, for street purposes, are not that significant.
yeah dude, get the one that works best for your wallet and what you like best for looks.
if you save money on the bike itself that frees up money for upgrades, and thats where the fun is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts