Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a "blinks too fast", or "stays on solid when I use the signal" deal. I have been searching for months and can't find anyone that has been through these issues. I plan on taking the fairings off and using a voltmeter to try and get it sorted, but wanted to see if anyone on here has run into this. I will also post up the solution once found.

I have had this bike for 10 years. Always garaged, super clean, with about 20K miles. I had left it 100% stock until last fall. I was getting bored and loving the looks of the new ones, so I decided to throw some fiat currency at mine. One of the things I decided to do was get some Proton front LED signals (3 wire with plugs for our bikes), the TST integrated tail, and the TST LED flasher relay. Got everything put in and it worked perfect...for like a month or two. The first symptom was that the left would randomly not activate when I hit the switch. The running light would go out like it should, but nothing at all from the front or back signal. Just a dead left front running light until I canceled the signal then the running light would fire back up like it should. Then the left quit working altogether. Nothing. Then the right started doing the same thing...random...then nothing. No signals at all. I thought it was the TST relay, so I ordered another. No improvements. Cleaned the turn signal switch. No improvements. I even removed the TST relay and plugged the wires back into the OEM harness so I could see if I could at least get the things to blink fast. Still nothing.

Weird stuff, especially since it worked perfect for a good while and kind of just deteriorated over time. I pulled all the relating plastics off to make sure nothing was pinched. All OEM uncut harness with all the plugs intact. Everything looks like new. All other electrical works great. This just affects the signals. Like I said, I am going to hit it with the multimeter, but wanted to see if any gurus can shed their grace on me. Electrical issues suck. I would rather have to replace some valve shims. Thanks.

Registered
Honda600rra 2011
This isn't a "blinks too fast", or "stays on solid when I use the signal" deal. I have been searching for months and can't find anyone that has been through these issues. I plan on taking the fairings off and using a voltmeter to try and get it sorted, but wanted to see if anyone on here has run into this. I will also post up the solution once found.

I have had this bike for 10 years. Always garaged, super clean, with about 20K miles. I had left it 100% stock until last fall. I was getting bored and loving the looks of the new ones, so I decided to throw some fiat currency at mine. One of the things I decided to do was get some Proton front LED signals (3 wire with plugs for our bikes), the TST integrated tail, and the TST LED flasher relay. Got everything put in and it worked perfect...for like a month or two. The first symptom was that the left would randomly not activate when I hit the switch. The running light would go out like it should, but nothing at all from the front or back signal. Just a dead left front running light until I canceled the signal then the running light would fire back up like it should. Then the left quit working altogether. Nothing. Then the right started doing the same thing...random...then nothing. No signals at all. I thought it was the TST relay, so I ordered another. No improvements. Cleaned the turn signal switch. No improvements. I even removed the TST relay and plugged the wires back into the OEM harness so I could see if I could at least get the things to blink fast. Still nothing.

Weird stuff, especially since it worked perfect for a good while and kind of just deteriorated over time. I pulled all the relating plastics off to make sure nothing was pinched. All OEM uncut harness with all the plugs intact. Everything looks like new. All other electrical works great. This just affects the signals. Like I said, I am going to hit it with the multimeter, but wanted to see if any gurus can shed their grace on me. Electrical issues suck. I would rather have to replace some valve shims. Thanks.
did you fit resistors 馃

Registered
If you have your old lights, put them (or one) back in and see what you get. If they work then your switch is okay.

Can you take out the new lights and just run one to the battery to see if it works? If it does, and if your switch is okay, then maybe they sent you a bad relay.

But your first choice is the best place to start; put a multimeter on the wiring harness and confirm if your getting voltage to the light.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have your old lights, put them (or one) back in and see what you get. If they work then your switch is okay.

Can you take out the new lights and just run one to the battery to see if it works? If it does, and if your switch is okay, then maybe they sent you a bad relay.

But your first choice is the best place to start; put a multimeter on the wiring harness and confirm if your getting voltage to the light.
Thanks for the input. I went out and got a new 2021 tricolor 600RR a couple of weeks ago and the lovely '05 is on the backburner right now. I swore I wouldn't let a new-old stock bike deal get by me again and I made it happen. I intend to get this issue resolved and place the '05 for sale on here. It's a real gem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts