Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss got back from the show about a month ago and rumor has it that the R6 is going to have an undertail exhaust like our bikes! I am not quoting this as fact but it's coming from dealers and mfgs... what this means to me, if it happens this year, is that I'm going to hear, "Hey dude, sweet bike! Is that the new R6?" Let me tell you how much I'm looking forward to that sh1t!!!

Also, the GSXR1000 is, from what I'm told, NOT going to the endertail exhaust this coming year. I'm sure it will still be one of the most respected machines by me and everyone!

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
if someone confuses a 600RR with an R6 they have issues..

however the people that dont know much about bikes will confuse them for sure..

but yeah, i heard the same thing about the R6 getting the undertail exhaust for the 05 models.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
TARIUSDRAGON, you just have to put up with people who do not know. I had someone ask me if my RC was a Honda 900. I just looked at the guy. Then he tells me he has an R6 and has been riding for a while. I just kept looking at him not saying anything.... He walked away.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hey 'hondaf4iguy' . . . good story. I'm creating a visual in my head and cracking up over here!

'TARIUSDRAGON'- I hear ya on the "...hey is that an R6?". I've already had it happen because of the Candy Blue. I think its funny! I've ridden by a bunch of bikers sitting on a porch once, and you could just read their minds by the looks on their face. . . "Its a Yamaha. . . oh wait. . . ". In any case, I enjoy the smack in the face Honda's giving Yamaha! :bitchslap:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Oh sh** forgot to respond on the topic. . . .

I heard the same about the R6 and also assumed the same. When I was looking into buying my bike I came across a new R1 and R6 side by side. You can almost sense the inevitability.

Regardless. . . along side all of those was an RR. Me driving a Honda car as well, seeing the bike in person was like the nail in the coffin! :bounce:

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
brinks13081 said:
Yeah, I saw a picture of the new R6 somewhere online and it did have the one up exhaust.
Any pics of the 2005 R6 out there are photochops and only reflect the rumors floating around. I'm told we'll see it unveiled by Yamaha at the end of September and can probably count on it having the undertail exhaust.

C

·
0 Posts
I'd imagine it wouldnt have dual undertail like the R1 though. The new R6 is going to look real slick though.

H

·
0 Posts
yeah i am sure that it will look nice... but that does not mean that it will handle as well as a honda or be as durable....

·
Registered
726 Posts
Much agreed, the Yamaha will look nice, but honestly, what are the chances they'll out do Honda? I'm thinking not. . .

Aggresive wise, find me another bike like the RR that demands respect. :bitchslap: :bounce:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Two of my favorite bikes are the R6 and the RR. but i like the RR because of its undertail but to tell you the truth, id get the R6 if it were to get the undertail exhaust. i love hondas but i like R6z more. would u guys?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think you guys got it wrong. The people who get the new R6 will hear " Is that a CBR600RR.... coooool" And then they will have to say "noooooo, its just a copy of the best 600". :bounce:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Sheriff- good point. first movers market...

"Hey is that an RR. . . .coool" . . . and then the attitude is going to come out. . . "No, actually its an R6. . . " at which point we'll have to come up with something snooty to respond with!

Any ideas? :bitchslap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts