Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend that works at Motions in Marietta just called to tell me they have a new ninja they're unloading right now!!! i'm going to go check it out Thursday--have to wait [email protected]#$%#$%#!!!! i can't believe it's released already. anyway, just had to tell someone.

·
Registered
39 Posts
wow i live right by motions.. ill go check it out. im surprised roland didnt tell me..

·
Registered
336 Posts
I can't even believe this is possible. How in the hell would Atlanta get a bike before California, let alone in October! I demand pics! :bounce:

·
Registered
881 Posts
It depends on the factories marketing. Kawi's angle was to get it out before everyone else becuase they know many of the 04s have been sold and there's still a lot of people who are looking to buy. It gives them a chance to sell some bikes before the other companies (like the bad ass Honda RR) takes some of the market share.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Unless you are looking at the 10R, the Kawasaki lineup looks shite. Just because the exhaust is out the tail does not make this a cool bike. The tail looks like that of a whale or something.

IMO Honda and Suzuki have the strongest looking 05 models. You just have to love that Repsol paint job on the 1000 and the tribal on the 600.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Magazines make bikes look different than in person. I am reserving judgement on all the bikes til I see them.

I though the magazines made the 1000rr look horrible, but seeing them in person, my mind was changed. Same with the 03 Kawi.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i do hate the new tail. way to FAT looking. not wide and sexy, just too rounded and fatty. i can't wait for one to show up at a nearby dealership though. i'm definitely gonna go play around with it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I like it. And the few I04s I've seen on the track are pretty fast bikes. Racing my Honda next year but after that who knows...may just take a look into the Kaw. I'm all about the numbers not the looks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I like our bikes better...but there is something appealing about the 05 6's. I'd like to see one without the mudflap.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
According to Kawasaki the power output of the 04 is 133bhp! That must be at the crank and I''m dubious.
that's outrageous. i doubt it's that much. just wait for the Cycle World test. it'll set everything straight.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Kawi is known to overstate their hp by a lot, all maufacturers do, but Kawi in particular. That's got to be crank, not rear wheel. Sorry, I forgot the general averaged formula to convert rear wheel from crank, it's a certain percentage. It's different from car's formula.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
14-15% i think? i know yami was claiming 120hp at the crank for the '04 R6. they push like 103-105 rwhp i think.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts