Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... i saw the new 07 and yes i havent seen it in person but im likeing the 06 R6 better.. i absolutely love the looks...man... i don tknow what to do.. would a yamaha last as long as a honda? im inbetween the sword and the wall.. i know "we" are all honda guys and it makes it harder for me to switch from honda to yamaha but.. what do you guys think??

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm not really a huge fan of the new r6. I don't like how the tail is all pointy. I think the 2004-2005 r6 looks much much better. But then again, I think my RR looks better than those r6's :) it's really only a decision you can make. Everyone has their own tastes.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I do not think they released the race 07 R6 yet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
just get whatever bike you really, truely want. i also am a honda guy and this last year i bought my first yamaha. ( YZ 450f dirt bike) and i like it better than the crf450f. bottom line, all the manifacturures make great bikes. don't buy the name, but the bike that you want.

·
Registered
830 Posts
if you were going to get an 07 rr or r6, i would pick the r6.. soley on looks that is.. but they're both great bikes.. can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
07RR is suposed to be the lightest bike out there, plus you have yet to see it in person. I had to make the decision between an 06 RR and an 06 R6 and I still bought the RR.

I don't buy into that whole "get it based on looks", cause what looks hot today is gona look like crap tomorrow. Buy it based on fit/finish/performace that way you won't be disapointed when you're doing what you want to be doing, which is riding the dam thing.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
i would pick r6.. my neighbor has one and when we park together, i feel like doing messive mod on my bike so i can beat his bike..

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
kihun said:
i would pick r6.. my neighbor has one and when we park together, i feel like doing messive mod on my bike so i can beat his bike..
Screw that dude, don't messively mod out your bike...if you do that you'll give the R6 a chance to catch up in looks and performance.

I know, I know, Captain DouscheBag awwwaaaaayyy...

N

·
0 Posts
The Power Of Dreams said:
Nem, where did you find the pic of the 07 r6? Any other colors you have come across?
Found it googling. That's the only color I found.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I don't know, the 05-06 CBR 600RR has everything I want in a bike. I guess if I hit the track more I'd consider an R6. The 07 CBR 600RR needs to prove itself before I'd jump on board. Of course, based on looks I'd getting anything but the 07 CBR 600RR. However, if it turns out to be an excellent bike that is that much better than the competition, I might be able to look past the ugly looks. Holding off until next summer might be your best bet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i went to the yamaha dealer and i saw the r6s and the race one.. man i loved it.. it the 06 r6 looks awesome...i just hate absolutely hate! that exhaust ... but everything else on that bike was soo nice...i said 06-07 r6 because im pretty sure the looks wont change that much.. what wasnt soo nice was the guy said its about 10000 out the door... i was like wha?? is that how much they are going for? im in arizona..but yea im going to wait and see how the 07 rr does... if not... i might just get that yamaha...thanks for the opinions guys much appreciated

·
Registered
998 Posts
Don't base your decision of brand loyalty; go with what strikes you fancy. All the Jap. bikes nowadays have very good reliability and fit & finish.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Let's stop being pansies and talking about the looks and color of the vehicle. Let's talk about how it goes. You might not be impressed with the new R6 if your main venue is riding around on the streets. It doesn't have all that much thrust. I think heard it compared to a 250cc dirtbike in a recent mag. You'd get more thrust and get up and go from an R6S. If you like to hit the track, then grab yourself a lot of R6. Just so you know, you'll have to have a lot of skill to wring out the full potential of an R6. Heck, you'll need a lot of skill just to wring the full potential of an R6S. Either way, doesn't seem to matter you since you're shopping for a bike based on how it looks...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
id take the 06 r6 over the 07 600rr for the looks. the r6 looks much more agressive!

·
Registered
454 Posts
sooperman12 said:
Let's stop being pansies and talking about the looks and color of the vehicle. Let's talk about how it goes. You might not be impressed with the new R6 if your main venue is riding around on the streets. It doesn't have all that much thrust. I think heard it compared to a 250cc dirtbike in a recent mag. You'd get more thrust and get up and go from an R6S. If you like to hit the track, then grab yourself a lot of R6. Just so you know, you'll have to have a lot of skill to wring out the full potential of an R6. Heck, you'll need a lot of skill just to wring the full potential of an R6S. Either way, doesn't seem to matter you since you're shopping for a bike based on how it looks...
From what I understand...the R6 sucks cause all the power is at the Top part of the RPM band! Not very effecient if You ask me...or their 17,500 rpm...What a joke. The bigger joke was the 140hp claim they made!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts