Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06, that also has problems with flooding, the clutch is slipping really bad.
When I took it to the honda shop yesterday for the flooding, they told me nothing was wrong with the bike, but the clutches were wore out. They said
I need to buy clutches. Also said that clutches arn't under warranty, that honda wouldn't do anything even if they tried to get them took care of. Because they accused me of riding wheelies, which I can't even do. The only thing i've did to the bike was 3 burnouts..

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Thats pretty quick on the clutch going. I have over 11K on my 05 and the clutch is fine. How much are they going to charge you for the parts and labor?

·
Registered
68 Posts
the clutch pack on the 600rr is pretty durrable compared to alot of other bikes... i seriously doubt you need new ones already... i would take it to another dealer... how did they determine that you needed a new one?

CBR/LS1 said:
Thats pretty quick on the clutch going. I have over 11K on my 05 and the clutch is fine. How much are they going to charge you for the parts and labor?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They determined it by the clutch slipping.. they didn't take it apart or anything.. Just said it was slipping, need new ones they said

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive noticed my clutch and gear seem to stick, when ever shift quickly through the gears on a short strip. After the quick pickup i may need to stop (red light, stop sign) i pull the clutch in and down shift from 5th all the way to 1st, but it seems they wont go down enless i feather the clutch. is this normal?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
bwest3 said:
They determined it by the clutch slipping.. they didn't take it apart or anything.. Just said it was slipping, need new ones they said
Then thier full of it. Go get your bike from those idiots and check your free play. What oil are you running?

And stop doing burnouts.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
flip387 said:
ive noticed my clutch and gear seem to stick, when ever shift quickly through the gears on a short strip. After the quick pickup i may need to stop (red light, stop sign) i pull the clutch in and down shift from 5th all the way to 1st, but it seems they wont go down enless i feather the clutch. is this normal?
Yup. If I am in thrid and stop at a red light I gear down and I can only get to neutral unless I feather the clutch. My clutch slips once in a while since I put in full synthetic. Not enough to make me want to go back to regular because she seems to run smoother with the full syn.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Johnny Candles said:
Yup. If I am in thrid and stop at a red light I gear down and I can only get to neutral unless I feather the clutch. My clutch slips once in a while since I put in full synthetic. Not enough to make me want to go back to regular because she seems to run smoother with the full syn.
Johnny, DO NOT ignore clutch slippage. 1% is too much. If your clutch is slipping after you changed the oil then dump that oil and go back to what brand you had before. The longer you run oil in the bike that makes the clutch slip the worse it will get. Eventaully it will warp the plates and you're done. What kind of oil is it?

Another thing. Downshift into the correct gear at all times. What would happen if you came to a red light and then needed to make a quick get away? Oops, too late. Johnny just got put in the hospital because little old blue hair didn't see him. Keep your rpm's @ 6k on the streets. It's not neccesary to downshift into 1st though.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I put Castrol Syntech in when I last changed the oil. I'll be dumping that very shortly after reading your post. The Shell Rotella had some good reviews on here.

As for the shifting, I always keep her in gear, even when stopped at a light. I see a lot of people toss it into neutral and sit up, stretch, etc. I like to be able to move in a hurry ifI have to. The little old blue hair is the perfect example. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well.. i adjusted my clutch some.. now it doesn't slip like it was...
but the bike still seems like it doesnt have the power it did have.. its sluggish..
any thoughts what else could be wrong.. with 2,100 miles on it?

·
Registered
909 Posts
bwest3 said:
but the bike still seems like it doesnt have the power it did have.. its sluggish..
bro i have same f... problem 2500 miles on my bike i did few wheelies and few burnouts (so stupid) no my clutch is done, I need new one. That means DONT DO BURNOUTS.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
bwest3 said:
I can say that running Honda's oil made mine feel sluggish. But sluggish is a relative term. Try and different oil next time and make it a synthetic.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well honda oil is what they put in it.. i think it was that GN4.. thats Hondas oil right?...

Also.. which oil is better.. the Castrol R4 Superbike Oil, or Castrol Actevo ??

I heard that Castrol was one of the best oils...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts