Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys please let me know the difference in the 2006 and 2007 600RR motor from a horsepower, rpm, performance etc perspective. Any comments would be appreciated. I was not able to locate any detail on the web.

thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just heard the 07's are a much better bike overall. I was doing the same research between a used 06 with little miles or a new 07. My buddy has the 07 and after I rode his I was hooked. It felt like a 750 in a 600's body.

I went with the 07.

·
Banned
24 Posts
actually i was in ur shoes. the 07 is much better, its lighter, faster and it has more features.i say put some more bucks and go with the 07 cuz once u get the 06 and compare it with the 07 in reality u'll feel the diffrent.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
actually i was in ur shoes. the 07 is much better, its lighter, faster and it has more features.i say put some more bucks and go with the 07 cuz once u get the 06 and compare it with the 07 in reality u'll feel the diffrent.
I didn't feel much difference aside from how much lighter it is....other than that, it's just as powerful as my 06......I personally wouldn't waste the extra 4k to get an 07. You can get a decent low mileage 06 for 6k now-a-days.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
I didn't feel much difference aside from how much lighter it is....other than that, it's just as powerful as my 06......I personally wouldn't waste the extra 4k to get an 07. You can get a decent low mileage 06 for 6k now-a-days.

I agree unless you have money to burn get a used 03-06

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you have to have the latest and greatest, get the '07.

If you want a killer bike and a killer deal, get the '06.

The differences are not that significant:
'07 is lighter - you can lose more weight in a month on Jenny Craig.
'07 is like a 750 - dream on.
'07 is the best 600 - until next year.
'07 is the best looking - NOT

·
Registered
231 Posts
lets not forget that the forks for an 06 are sprung too soft for the majority of the people out there while the 07 is sprung for a 190 lb rider perfectly

K

·
0 Posts
lets not forget that the forks for an 06 are sprung too soft for the majority of the people out there while the 07 is sprung for a 190 lb rider perfectly
.85kg/mm springs in the 2007?

anyway... from the top of my head:

more compact engine/transmission
shorter transmission lash
higher pressure ram intake
shorter rake angle
HESD
Lighter Chassis
Fewer casting frame makeup
different oil weight requirements (10w30 vs. 10w40)

·
1,088 Posts
.85kg/mm springs in the 2007?

anyway... from the top of my head:

more compact engine/transmission
shorter transmission lash
higher pressure ram intake
shorter rake angle
HESD
Lighter Chassis
Fewer casting frame makeup
different oil weight requirements (10w30 vs. 10w40)
And that make how much of a difference to an average street rider?

Just about nothing...it just looks good on paper for the posers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I actually was referring to the MOTOR only from a performance, rpm's, horsepower perspective, and not the entire bike itself. I will be replacing a motor, and was interested in the difference.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's safe to say both bikes are good. You will notice a difference in flickability from a stock 06 vs a stock 07. If you had some money to burn, get the 07. If getting a good bike for much less than what the new 07's go for, then do that. I just wanted the best middleweight sportbike out there. And it's the 07 600rr.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you suck at the internet :wave:

is this your first bike?

Always a dipshit in every crowd....just that you showed up quicker than i would have thought. hey smartass if you are so good on the internet I'd appreciate the link as i'd be happy to read and learn for myself the motor horsepower difference. the Honda website does not include HP data to my knowledge.

·
Registered
231 Posts
And that make how much of a difference to an average street rider?

Just about nothing...it just looks good on paper for the posers.
why the hostility. are you one of those average street riders that you spoke of? to the rest of us that actually track our bikes this makes the world of difference because it means we can actually dial our bikes in which means we dont crash because of bad suspension settings. (just riding mistakes).

do you even know what rider sag is,
i bet not

i bet the suspension setting on your bike are still in the same position as when it was picked up from the dealer arent they. its ok to be average, to the people that this makes a difference to, its a big difference, to the rest of the losers like yourself, just spend the money on a second rate pipe and some rim tape.

next time do some research and think before you type in something as stupid as that

oh and by the way according to the race tech site the oem fork spring rate is 1kg/mm
the 06 is the .83 kg/mm

·
Registered
502 Posts
the Honda website does not include HP data to my knowledge.
The Honda sites in other countries contain that data. Unfortunately, the bikes are sometimes different from the US bikes. Try MCN or Motorcyclist sites, they have dyno charts on a lot of bikes.

K

·
0 Posts
why the hostility. are you one of those average street riders that you spoke of? to the rest of us that actually track our bikes this makes the world of difference because it means we can actually dial our bikes in which means we dont crash because of bad suspension settings. (just riding mistakes).

i bet not

i bet the suspension setting on your bike are still in the same position as when it was picked up from the dealer arent they. its ok to be average, to the people that this makes a difference to, its a big difference, to the rest of the losers like yourself, just spend the money on a second rate pipe and some rim tape.

next time do some research and think before you type in something as stupid as that

oh and by the way according to the race tech site the oem fork spring rate is 1kg/mm
the 06 is the .83 kg/mm
1kg/mm?! That's more than 190 LBS dude, that's close to 240 for the street..

·
1,088 Posts
I don't know where you sensed the hostility. If there was any KS would have pounced on that like he normally does....but just to clarify so your arrogance doesn't get the better of this post...There was no hostility intended.

I am also NOT the average street rider. I track my bike as well. I understand the benefits of suspension being setup properly.

i bet not
I am wondering how much you were betting...because I do know what "spring sag" is. It's not called "rider sag". It's basically the distance the fork and shock compress while you are on the bike compared to them being unmounted.

I am again wondering how much you bet because you lost. My bike has the suspension set up for my exact weight (more like an average because of how much my weight fluctuates). And yes....since I am NOT an average rider....I notice the difference. I also doubt that my Yoshimura RS-5 Carbon FULL Exhaust is second rate....and I don't have rim tape...look at my sig...that's a fully PC'd wheel.

So now are we talking about the arrogant losers like yourself that judge people with no basis what-so-ever? Yeah...you just proved that with your post...can you redeem yourself?

Next time do some research? On what? How stupid your posts can be? Yeah...I will remember that next time and add you to my squelch list....makes life much better with fewer arrogant asses around.

I actually was referring to the MOTOR only from a performance, rpm's, horsepower perspective, and not the entire bike itself. I will be replacing a motor, and was interested in the difference.
And thank you OP for posting that...that clarifies what you want us to explain to you....refer back to what KS typed.....he's da man!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I doubt that my Yoshimura RS-5 Carbon FULL Exhaust is second rate....and I don't have rim tape...look at my sig...that's a fully PC'd wheel.
yes the yosh is a POS pipe,
the yosh full exhaust is a worthless pile of stainless steel.
hell for the 1000rr the full system puts out less than my arata slip on

the simple fact that you think that your yosh is cool makes you a squid poser. get a life.
and id put the full ohlins on my 1000 built and set up by the suspension master dan kyle himself up against whatever POS ball point pen spring you are running anyday.

PCd rims HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH SQUID POSER LOSER WANNNA BEEEEEEEEEE

thats the best you can brag about on your bike a full yosh and powdercoated rims next time save your posts for some poor little squidling who can acutally be impressed. and you are right, I am an arrogant bastard because i do my research and know my ****.

rider sag is the difference between free sag and when the rider sets on it.
static sag is bikes weight only DO YOUR ******* RESEARCH so you dont call things by the wrong name

ps i know the 1.0 springs are sprung up to 230ish but race tech and dan kyle say that they are perfect for my weight of 190 in full gear,

i am probably going to get banned now.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
ah, hahahhaha, Round 2 goes to Baxsom... ding ding

1 - 20 of 42 Posts