Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am currently stumped by a problem I am experiencing with my 2006 600rr. I have spoken with a couple different mechanics who don't have a clear understanding of what could be causing the issue and I and reluctant to leave it to them to figure out for $100 an hour. The problem occurs at ANY rpm when I try to apply full throttle the RPMs get stuck where they are at and the engine sounds like it is bogging. Seems like a fueling issue to me but I suppose it could be a wiring issue. I have read many posts about fuel pumps and pinched fuel lines, but the fact that this problem occurs at any RPM and does not seem to get worse at high RPM leads me (and the last mechanic I spoke with) to believe that this is not an issue with fuel supply as the higher demand for fuel would result in the problem worsening. When this occurs, I simply release the throttle and ease back into it, at which point the RPMS will begin to climb again. This also seems to be affecting the overall power output. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I've been dealing with the same issue on my 03 cbr600rr. I've replaced the spark plugs, and it does have a power commander on it. I'm most certain the issue is with the Throttle Position Sensor. My theory is that the bike bogs out at WOT because there is a possible short or open in the wide open voltage range for the sensor. If you connect the TP Sensor to a volt meter and twist the throttle, the meter will show a specified voltage range at wide open. If the voltage drops off from it, you have an issue with the TP sensor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey I've been dealing with the same issue on my 03 cbr600rr. I've replaced the spark plugs, and it does have a power commander on it. I'm most certain the issue is with the Throttle Position Sensor. My theory is that the bike bogs out at WOT because there is a possible short or open in the wide open voltage range for the sensor. If you connect the TP Sensor to a volt meter and twist the throttle, the meter will show a specified voltage range at wide open. If the voltage drops off from it, you have an issue with the TP sensor
Thank you so much! I will give this a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts