Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only been about 4 times since I've ridden the 2009 CBR that I just bought but I already found some perks that bother me a bit. I'm wondering if anyone else did the similar upgrade and noticed anything difference especially with the mirror vibration and the seat height :ponder:. My '06 didn't vibrate as much even with the cheapo Ebay stock mirrors. Seat wise, I noticed the 09 is lower than my 06 and my friend's 07 CBR. I looked up the specification and they're all "supposedly" share the same height. I asked the original owner and he said he didn't modify anything to the bike except the spools. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
The reduced weight of the 07+ also made my mirrors vibrate at certain speeds/engine RPM's. You could try to put some rubber washers between the stems and the upper fairing, not sure how effective it would be.

I liked the seat on the 07 a lot more (I owned an 05 at the same time) because the 07 seat was narrow enough at the neck that I could flatfoot the bike. Tires being worn down in the middle, or having a 195 mounted on the back could affect seat height slightly.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought some foam tape and put it between my mirror base and the fairing. That didn't help. I might try some neoprene tape.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
The mounting solution and the otherwise very different way the upper is fastened onto the 07 makes this difficult. Do a search on 'mirror vibration' to uncover lots more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts