Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently bought this 2005 600rr and I would be cruising 30-40 mph and the bike temperatures will be around 200 I’m pretty sure it’s not normal for it to be that high. When the weather gets up to 95 it will be a bit higher but even when I ride at night it will be in the 200 and up. I have checked to make sure it has coolant and it does. Most of the time the fans will kick in but feels ever hot and makes me not want to ride it. Any tips on what is causing this or is this normal?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
So I just recently bought this 2005 600rr and I would be cruising 30-40 mph and the bike temperatures will be around 200 I’m pretty sure it’s not normal for it to be that high. When the weather gets up to 95 it will be a bit higher but even when I ride at night it will be in the 200 and up. I have checked to make sure it has coolant and it does. Most of the time the fans will kick in but feels ever hot and makes me not want to ride it. Any tips on what is causing this or is this normal?
At 30-40 mph in traffic and in heat, 200 is not super uncommon. You’re barely spinning the water pump at those speeds and traffic is blocking real air from getting through the radiator. Fan kicks on around 215 and you’re not getting”too hot” until 240 or so.

If you don’t know when the last time the cooling system was serviced start with a full flush and good coolant, see where you are then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts