Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bikes acting up it wont turn on. Fuel pump primes. But when i push the starter it jst clicks . End oil light stays on. Bike was running just fine . Can it be a battery issue? Its done it twice today

·
Registered
315 Posts
Bikes acting up it wont turn on. Fuel pump primes. But when i push the starter it jst clicks . End oil light stays on. Bike was running just fine . Can it be a battery issue? Its done it twice today
Do you have a volt meter and can you get a read on the battery and post results?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
if the starter relay clicks and the starter doesn't turn, the battery voltage is going low.

charge your battery and try again. if it starts, check your charging system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Idont so i bought a new battery and still wont start.
Do you have a volt meter and can you get a read on the battery and post results?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
well you shouldn't have purchased a new battery yet. but anyway.

check the condition of the starter cables. you may have a short in the wiring that is pulling down the battery voltage.

when the relay clicks is it a single click? or does it rapid fire at you

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd look for a short too... that's the second thing that comes to mind if the battery was not the problem in the first place.

try jump starting first next time. if that doesn't work, battery is probably not the ultimate problem... saves you $100 or so.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had thisnissue in my 05. Had to cut off the ground connection test point where the mechanics plug in to test the grounds. It was shorted.

Sole purchase is a ground test. So I cut the plug off, soldered all the ground wires back together. Shrink wrapped it and then tapped it like crazy to keep water out. Haven't had another issue with it in over a year

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Look for a bunch of green wires in the back of your bike. I don't remember what side it's on but check to see if there are any burnt marks. It's a common problem. Perhaps ask Moose to share a picture of what he soldered or fixed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure why but it failed to email me about this one. Sorry for the super late reply.

If you're still having the issue. .. the grouping of green ground wires is under the small black plastic fairing on the left side that is under your thigh. Right below the seat on the left side.

Theres about 10 or 12 wires connected into a technicians test plug. Sorry I can't find any pictures from mine. I'll keep looking. But o cut the plug off cuz it was fried. Soldered all the ground wires together. Weather sealed it. Then the bike worked fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here are the photos.
First photo shows the plug in the line of all the wires. This plug is simply there for a Honda technician to plug in and test your ground wires.

Second photo shows the plug cut off the bike and you can see the scorch Mark's where it blew.

Third photo shows the soldering work before weather sealing it and putting the bike back together. The short in this plug was causing all of the problems with my bike. For some perspective it's now been a year and I haven't had another electrical problem since.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Useful info, glad you got it sorted. I've just purchased a 2006 although I haven't got this issue it's good to know where to look if it does come on. Anyone know if this is a fairly common fault?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts