Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a cbr600rr and ive been going through hell and back to find wiring issues. It ran at first. It would start but idle really low and then a few seconds later it would go to normal idle. After a week past it just didnt start anymore. The fuel pump wouldn’t prime but everything else was fine. Checked fuel pump and its all good but I recently found out that its not getting any current to the fuel pump relay. Did my research and figured my ignition switch is not oem and only has two wires to it no zener diode. Basically anyone could have hot wired this **** and took off. I have tried to look for the zener diode but i could not find it at all. I think someone just did a shitty job and completely took out the wire. Still not 100% positive its the problem but if anyone has had the issue please help so much appreciated. I already spent a **** load of money for mechanics just to say “need a new ecu” “i changed the burnt fuse” i just want a good fix thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update my fuel pump is only receiving 2.33 v from ecu tried another ecu and same thing. The ignition does only have two wires and was running fine for a while then shut

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,909 Posts
the ecu doesn't power the fuel pump. it just controls the negative on the relay.

the fuel pump receives power from the FI circuit. the fuel pump relay is powered from the engine stop relay which is controlled by the kill switch and the bank angle sensor. if the engine stop relay doesn't click when you toggle the kill switch, there's something wrong between the kill switch and bank angle sensor.

if the engine stop relay does click but the fuel pump relay does not, there's something wrong between the fuel cut relay and the ecu.

look up a wiring diagram it's very very simple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts