Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My bike has been in storage since Sep 2011. I did do an oil change before I stored her except I put on about 50-100 miles before actually placing into storage. The battery was removed, and I do have a battery tender to charge the battery.

Is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you drain the tank or put stabilizer in the fuel? might wanna put in a fresh one if you didnt.
I did not. I'm not sure how much fuel is in there. I still need to go to storage and check things out.

The owner's manual states to cover up the spark plugs before putting her into storage, but I ddint' do that. I'm sure it's for things like corrosion. the nice thing is that I live in CA. It doesn't get that cold here even during winter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Sounds like you got the battery situation under control.

The fuel left in the tank on the other hand might be an issue after sitting for an entire year. You could probably get away with running it on the fuel that's in there now but I wouldn't run the engine at very high RPMs. I'd fill it up with fresh premium ASAP.

Hindsight being 20/20, adding Stabil (or equivalent) to your fuel tank prior to storage (and running it for a couple of mins before putting it away) often helps prevent fuel from "going bad" during extended periods of storage.

I'd first take a peek inside the fuel tank and check for any signs of corrosion. If everything appears OK, there's no reason why the engine shouldn't run.

It's probably overkill to remove the tank and completely drain it, but if you have signs of corrosion inside the tank you may have to go that route (sounds unlikely).

G'luck !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts