Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to start the bike 1/11/20, it started right up no issues..... I turn the key off and the starter is still kicking over as if I am holding the button. turn the key on while its doing that and the bike starts. removed the key completely and started still going.

Its kills the battery quick, I charged the battery and now it keeps popping the fuse on the starter relay. I put power straight to the start starter and its working, put power straight to the system (bypassing the relay) and I have power on the dash.

I currently have the tank up and fairings off, not seeing any obvious issues. No rubbed wires, grounds are good. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update!

if bypass the starter relay fuse, the green/Red wire plugged into the relay starts to get hot. So I am assuming that is the wire or circuit causing the fuse to pop. That wire connects to the clutch signal switch and the ECM.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Could be the wire from the solenoid to the start button is shorting out somewhere along the route,but no doubt someone will come along and tell you I'm talking B+++++ks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts