Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oy my boy just got a 06 Gixxer 600 and he was told it has 120 to 125 HP STOCK!!!!! Now that cant be true!!! He was also told that it will beat a 04 gixxer 750 if its stock.... I dont know I find that real hard to beleive... so if anyone has any info to lend me.. please send it to me cuz ...WOW 125!!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
125 hp at the crank around 110 at the wheel, and I doubt it's as fast as a 750, sounds like the salesman was blowing smoke out his ass.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The CBR600rr has 117 at the crank and around 100-102 at the wheel (actual) - I can look up the Gixxer when I go to work tomorrow. I would say your probably getting about 105 at the wheel and no it will not beat a 2004 750 stock. This is just salesman smoke blowing.

·
Registered
870 Posts
TryumphRR said:
The CBR600rr has 117 at the crank and around 100-102 at the wheel (actual) - I can look up the Gixxer when I go to work tomorrow. I would say your probably getting about 105 at the wheel and no it will not beat a 2004 750 stock. This is just salesman smoke blowing.

That is what i have heard as well. HP is more or less just a marketing tool.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
every new 600 is running 100-108 at the wheel, stock...TOPS!...

different #'s on different Dynos, altitudes, break-ins, etc....

get a slip on, PCIII and a custom remap. You'll be near 110+hp with a pretty curve.

stop getting f*cked by the HP numbers these magazines and manufacturers are putting out there. the curve matters more than the peak.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
last third-party dyno i saw of the '06 gixxer 600 was 109 rwhp. i've ridden it, smooth power delivery and a nice peak. tho my '04 rr with full arata, pc3 and regeared is quicker def...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
BlueBlur said:
last third-party dyno i saw of the '06 gixxer 600 was 109 rwhp. i've ridden it, smooth power delivery and a nice peak. tho my '04 rr with full arata, pc3 and regeared is quicker def...
the gixxer can also be moded with full whatever, pc3 and regeared is quicker that quicker def... hah! no pun intended, i love my RR, i think gixxers are ugly.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
NesNeedsBoost said:
stop getting f*cked by the HP numbers these magazines and manufacturers are putting out there. the curve matters more than the peak.
And that is exactly why there is no love in my heart for the new R6. That and the fugly exhaust and split nose (just my opinion)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YA no doubt.. Hondas are the best by far .. I have them my life!.. all other brand name that I have personaly had just didnt do it for me...but my friends new GSXR 600 .. I did ride it and it is nice I must say .. power delivery it not at strong as RR but it is REAL smooth and comfortable...

·
Registered
610 Posts
every new 600 is running 100-108 at the wheel, stock...TOPS!...

different #'s on different Dynos, altitudes, break-ins, etc....

get a slip on, PCIII and a custom remap. You'll be near 110+hp with a pretty curve.

+1. dyno junkies always worshipping the gods of pk hp.... lots more to a race than that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts