Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new blood here (Please to meet everyone, went through the intro a bit earlier). That aside I wanted to throw this up here as I progress through it. I have a 2006 600RR. She's been through a pretty rough life thanks to the previous owner so I'm starting from the ground and working my way up to try and bring it back. Want to make it something uniquely mine I suppose.

This is the first pure-blood street bike I've owned and I have to say I love it.

This being a project for me I've decided to go the full Monty and do it all.

I'll try and get pictures up as I clip along. I'm open to any suggestions or advice as well as any critique as I'll be doing the work myself.

The following is what I started with:

The one side I did not mess with was the mechanical aspect of the bike. I live near a large dealership where I know a few of the mechanics and had them do the bench checks on the engine and such. This all came back with a clean bill of health, so I start on everything else. I would like to eventually strip it down and rebuild it but I'll save that for a while down the road once I have a firmer grasp of what I'm getting into.

The photo is the bike's first day in a new home. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Once we inspected it we found that it had been dropped on either side but it was low speed, probably driveway. Just some bent brackets.

I've got fairings finally about to land, going lime green and black, these should be in soon.

A couple of these are prior to clear coat and clean up.

Ended up buying from ABS Fairings, I can only hope they turn out alright. Hard to find anything outside of the China fairings.

AS OF 10/15/14 10:00PM, they were sitting in customs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pardon the delay

Sorry for the big delay.

I'm about to start putting everything up shortly, been a lot done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts