Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Jumping back in the saddle after selling my 06 GSXR 600, last summer (don't sell your bike because of woman, ughh!!!!) Anyway, landed a sweet deal on a less than perfect 06 RR, its been down, not too bad though.

I had an 03 RR before the 06 Gixxer and was wondering are there any little issues/quirks that anyone had noticed on their 06's that they have noticed?

I am turning this into a track bike, done with the streets....for now!! :wave:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is a long story..........................................................

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Yup, I gotta quirk for ya. At a certain RPM.... say 5-6 grand-ish, you may hear a buzzing sound coming the tank plastics just fore of the filler cap. Simple fix is to put a thin piece of foam between the plastic.(pretty much above the ecu) I used foam I had left over from doing my floors. Others have had success with things like duct tape, etc............

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
No issues so far with my 06 that i've had since i bought it new 2yrs ago. Altho i hear the charging system is not the greatest.

i'm curious to hear about the girl issue also :icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
No problems with my '06 at 30k with maybe 1k of track mileage. The only thing besides scheduled maintenance I've done is replace the CCT with the APE at 23k.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Agreed with everyone else so far. Ive had my 06 since new, the bzzing sound is a big 10-4, foam did fix it, other than regular "check ups" aka oil and filter etc, Ive never had a problem with mine. Solid year for the RR

·
Registered
212 Posts
Can't say I have ever had any problems so far 15K (knockin on wood) except for battery. I ride every single day and for some odd reason I have went thru 2 batterys. Other than that no noise or anything. I love it!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'd say the only quirk with it is that you are going to enjoy it even more than your other bikes, therefore spending more time away from your girl resulting in her wanting you to get rid of this one too. Haha...in other words, I agree with the others: story time!

·
Registered
298 Posts
nobody mentioned the headlight issue with the wire coming loose by the starter switch. but if its gonna be a track bike i guess it wont matter

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yup, I gotta quirk for ya. At a certain RPM.... say 5-6 grand-ish, you may hear a buzzing sound coming the tank plastics just fore of the filler cap. Simple fix is to put a thin piece of foam between the plastic.(pretty much above the ecu) I used foam I had left over from doing my floors. Others have had success with things like duct tape, etc............
I had that buzzing on mine too. Fixed it with a piece of Dynomat right where the chin rest is at the bottom side of tank.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
my 06, 22K, going as strong as when I picked her up at 4K.
LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would love to tell that story, but seriously it would take way too long to get the point across, and you'd all end up calling me an a-hole anyways :)

However, the 2006 GSXR is gone, we did not go to Paris, I still live in Pa. and she still lives in DC....

Thanks for the 06 tips, appreciate it!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
the battery is the only issue I've had, other than that routine mantinence and still running like day 1 after 13k

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I bought my 06 new coming up on 3 years now. Mine doesn't have that buzz problem. I still have the original battery, but I use a battery maintainer while it is parked.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts