Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about getting a roadster. a honda s2000.

thinking about leasing the car for 3 years. at 300 per mo for 36 mo. with 3600 down. or 450 per mo with ZERO down.

im not sure if i want to buy a car... doesnt seem its worth the investment....

a 35k car. after first year... it looses about 5k. after 3 yrs... looses about 8? 9k?

if i lease the car for 3 yrs... its about 10k for 3 yrs...

plus i wont have to worry too much about maintance... after 3 yrs... i can switch to a different car.

insurance for the car is about 550 per 6 mo. so about 1100 per year. roadster is so expensive... my corolla is only 500-600 for one year.

so about 4-5k per year. if i lease it that is... including insurance.

delema.

lease or buy? pull the trigger or dont? i cant decide...

btw, the pricing im getting on the car is....

msrp 34,645

invoice price 31,239

and im getting it at 700 below invoice

so about 34000 out the door?

opinions plz...

btw,

in my "arsenal" i have:

96 previa s/c
05 cbr600rr
02 corolla s
06 evo 9 mr

they are all paid off btw. and no i am not loaded. i just dont spend that much and try to save as much as i can.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just buy yourself an '03-'04 for 2/3-1/2 that price. Just watch out for the oil starvation. My old roommate had to get his rebuilt after that problem.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
buy on 05 dude, same damn car really. Just get a honda used car approved by a dealership, should be able to buy a warrantee if u want.

I am pretty sure an oil pan baffle would solve the starvation problems.

·
Registered
364 Posts
That car hasn't changed much since its introduction. You'll save a lot of money going after a used one. The great thing about that car is that it's always been someone second car so used ones with low miles and in great condition are very easy to find. It's a great car!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
why do you want a roadster with that evo sittin in the garage? I would never drive the s2000 if i had an evo.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That car handles wonderfully! Pretty quick too in the powerband. Like said above, get a used one. Unless you can't due without that wonderful new car smell... HMMM LEATHER!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well... evo is a 4wd car...4 door car... s2k is a open top... 2 door... totally different cars... handles differently totally differnt. evo is like BAM BAM BAM in your face... spine brakin... neck snappin... performance/handling.... s2k is more... subtle...

i tried the civic si... and boy i hate it.... too soft... and lack of power...

i always wanted a open top car... its either this one or the miata...

problem with buying... wouldnt i encounter problems with the car... and have to spend money in repairs?

only problem with leasing... is that i cant mod the car.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
tru tru tru. i LOOVVEEE s2k!!!!! i swore to always buy used so it has its kinks worked out and as far as buy or lease. i loveeeee leasing since you always get to switch cars, but buying is handier and ya, lets you mod your heart out. slam the s2k, get a hood, some mugen rims... o man... id be in heaven!

·
Registered
435 Posts
sean2sean said:
well... evo is a 4wd car...4 door car... s2k is a open top... 2 door... totally different cars... handles differently totally differnt. evo is like BAM BAM BAM in your face... spine brakin... neck snappin... performance/handling.... s2k is more... subtle...
That's the way I see it. The way the s2k feels is very different. It's being in an actual 'cockpit'.

And there are basically two faces of s2k, I forgot when they went to the newer motor...'04? Lower redline but more tq, I think (?).

·
Registered
335 Posts
Not gana lie, the s2000's have no balls. My father has an 04 thats become my weekend toy for tooling around in and the thing is slow as $hit. Maybe thats cause i'm used to my rr but, regardless its no speed demon. Its nice to have that wind in your hair but beyond that, your not going to blow anyones doors off. Fun car, but not that fast. And they moved to the new motor w/ .2 liters greater displacement in 04. Torque increase marginally and redline went down.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
s2k's are great cars. i'd get the 05 (2.2L, newer body) used and throw on a supercharger to make up for lack of power. they make great track cars and are very driveable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 04 and it's quick enough for a stock car. 14.0 @100 is what I ran at Gainesville, FL. Anyways, the car really shines in the twisties. The next car that would touch it would be an elise, but you're looking at next to nothing practibilty. If you want a fun wkend toy that you can daily drive then the s2k is a great choice. If you like straight line speed, look towards something else.

oh btw, the 06 added traction control and dbw

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
i drove one for a few days.... there fun little cars but like i said little, to small for my taste...but there a blast i say just buy it unless you cange cars every couple of years then just lease it

·
Registered
972 Posts
buy a used one. they can be found ranging from 17-25k

i would not buy new simply due to the fact its a 2.2. i rather stick with the usual 2.0 since there is much market support for that internationally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts