Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just took the bike out for a spin yesterday after being stored all winter but before that I had it apart the previous week and cleaned and lubed up everything(gas tank removed and airbox taken apart and cleaned), Verified all my wiring was good and no corrosion or broken connectors, changed oil and coolant, basically everything you can think of as far as general maintenance to ensure the bike is ready and safe to ride. So i noticed a few minutes into the ride the FI light comes on and stays lit. I keep riding and continue to watch it. Bike is running fine 165 degrees operating temp and what not. All of a sudden it takes off like i twisted the throttle wide open but i physically didnt. I didnt panic and pulled in the clutch and switched to neutral and the bike was hitting the rev limiter still. I twisted the throttle back and forth and it did nothing. The throttle wasn't stuck but the bike was at full throttle. So i hit the kill switch and coasted to a parking lot. I turned the bike off and turned it back on, checked the throttle to verify it wasn't stuck which it wasn't, it felt very smooth..as soon as i started it up the bike revved like i was holding the throttle wide open but i wasn't so i quickly turned it back off. i repeated this process 3-4 times and same result. So i waited another 10 mins or so and tried it once more and voila! it went away.... so weird....I ended up disconnecting the battery for a few mins and reconnecting it and now the FI light never came back on nor did it act up.... Any Ideas on what caused this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that's what i was thinking also. It was a scary situation at first, just cruising along then the bike takes off.... if it ever does it again i'm thinking new map sensor and another throttle body too. Currently letting the bike sit with the battery unplugged and letting the ecu reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts