Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 05. But I was thinking of upgrading this winter. The thing is all my mods I can put on an 06. Or is it worth it to get an 07 and start all over? Or should I just keep my bike with mods but I don't want to do more stuff to it because it already has 14,000 miles.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I currently have an 05. But I was thinking of upgrading this winter. The thing is all my mods I can put on an 06. Or is it worth it to get an 07 and start all over? Or should I just keep my bike with mods but I don't want to do more stuff to it because it already has 14,000 miles.
Uh... getting rid of your bike to buy an 06 (same bike) is stupid IMO. You're not getting any better performance or styling or anything.

Why would you even want to do this? Is your 05 in good condition?

FYI you can ride a bike more than 14k miles if that's what you're worried about

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ huh your right. I thought I had heard that there were subtle weight and other differences between them but now that I look they are not. So scratch that. 05-07. I don't want to put more money into just for little extra maintenance's, I would rather get an upgrade.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The Hamster from Top Gear has an 05 CBR 600RR and he said it's one of the best bikes ever built. To add weight to his opinion this dude drives Ferraris's Lambos and all type of exotics for a living.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
^ huh your right. I thought I had heard that there were subtle weight and other differences between them but now that I look they are not. So scratch that. 05-07. I don't want to put more money into just for little extra maintenance's, I would rather get an upgrade.
yea the ONLY difference between the 05 and 06 is the color. That's IT!

You will LOVE the 07!!!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
the 09-10 model will be the same, only a minor facelift from 07-08, but u also have the option of ABS.
2011 will be a total redesign again, but why wait that long?

if u really wanna upgrade, get an 07-08, they are amazing bikes.
or get a new 09 if u want to get the ABS option.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Im a perfect candidate for this...I got an 06, my roommate has an 07. I love my 06 in every aspect. Hate the 07 cuz everytime you brake hard you end up nutting yourself on the tank...ie, nowhere to support your knees on the bike. Performance wise though the 07 is fantastic. nice smooth powerband and friendly on the throttle. I still love my 06 though, she is badass! Its all about what you like and what you wanna do with it...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
the 09-10 model will be the same, only a minor facelift from 07-08, but u also have the option of ABS.
2011 will be a total redesign again, but why wait that long?

if u really wanna upgrade, get an 07-08, they are amazing bikes.
or get a new 09 if u want to get the ABS option.
A real upgrade is learning how to ride the bike the best way possible. If you suck at riding a good rider on old scooter can kick your a$$. The 05-06 is an amazing bike that beat out all the competion and still holds its weight. How do you know that the 2010 will not be different? I'm across the street from Honda HQ and I have been hearing some noise lately...that is all. :icon_lol: They always have something in the works over there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts