Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
The bike was launched in Barber and looks very promising! :01_thumbu Does anyone know something about the launch?I found some articles but all are Italians except this one which is very small...
http://www.superbike.co.uk/news/superbike_reports_on_the_Honda_CBR600RR_2007_launch_news_101670.html

November 26, 2006 - Kenny
There's the rub. The engine is new. The chassis is new. The swinging arm is new. The rear shock pivot point is new, the wheelbase is shorter, the steering damper is different, the plastics are different. It's six – yes six – kilos lighter than the previous model. And there's a claimed hike in top end power as well as midrange grunt too. What we have, people, is a new bike. Is it a better bike? Almost certainly. Is it a significantly better bike than the model it replaces? Ooooh, now you're asking. I'd say it's better. On paper (more power,lighter weight, change in weight distribution and a shorter wheelbase) it looks like a winner on track. And lord, it felt like it. I don't think I've had as much fun on a racetrack ever. Which is to say it's a bike that lets you creep nearer the limits of tyres without scaring you too much.
The bike feels so light, so chuckable, so manageable, so eager to turn that you couldn't not have a ball on it – so I tried my best to do just that on an engaging, sinuous track that ducked and dived through glorious Alabama sunshine.
Yes, yes, but how much better is it than the previous model? I'll sleep on it and write at greater length in the magazine next month. For the moment, I'm still trying to come down and make sense of the scribbled notes in my notebook. The last line says, "I can't think of anything bad to say about the bike after this session." I'll have to mull it over...
http://www.specialmag.it/html/news11327.shtml



and some photos from the launch!
http://www.motorbox.com/Moto/VisteeProvate/HondaCBR600RR2007_prova.html?page=2&mmc=49

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,616 Posts
I wish the copies of Bike/Cycleworld/Motorcyclist/Sportrider would hurry up and get here already.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
51,143 Posts
Lucky bitches riding the latest tech at one of the best racing gorunds
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I read in the mags that the 2007 Honda is producing 118 bhp whereas the others are producing 130 bhp. Something ain't right with this. I really hope that weight reduction gives us an advantage.
 

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
Joined
·
11,188 Posts
Can't wait to read the whole article. Thanks for the preview.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nemesis said:
I read in the mags that the 2007 Honda is producing 118 bhp whereas the others are producing 130 bhp. Something ain't right with this. I really hope that weight reduction gives us an advantage.
If you look at the first picture you will see the 06 producing 80kw(107.2hp-which is a 'true' wheel number!)
and the 07 is producing 85kw(113.9hp)!!!
I think Honda chose the silent way with this bike.The bike will be one of the most powerful 600s and maybe the lighest!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
i sat on one a few weeks ago at the AMA supermotard races in long beach, CA. i have some pix too that i'll try to post later on when i get home. anyhow, the bike is super light. i have an 05 and when i got on the 07, i could feel the difference right away.
i like the way it feels... the seat is definitely MUCH better... kinda feels like a kawi or suzuki seat...nice and plush = ) the new tach looks nice.... they have the 1000rr front master brake cylinder and on/off switch... it has an electronic steering damper...oh, and the tank is designed so that the upper part of it wraps over your thighs so you sit more "in" the bike. = )

unfortunately i wasn't able to get the honda guys to turn it on for me. = (

as far as the 07's performance goes... jeff tigert, who is at barber right now doing the press release and test riding, told me that on the stock 07 with stock tires (qualifiers) he was able to run a laptime that was only 4 seconds away from his personal best on his AMA spec 600rr. that was yesterday. he thinks that he can shave off 2-3 more seconds when he puts on 209gp's. go jeff!!!

bottom line: i'm getting one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,823 Posts
Sexiest?! LOL Sexy is only in the eye of the beholder. The 05-06 RR is sexiest and after you see the 07 in person you will also see that some of these changes came with a price. The 07 looks cheaper than the 05-06 version. True, it looks smaller and thinner...but looks like it costs less too. Performance of the other hand, sounds awesome.
 

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
James06CBR said:
Sexiest?! LOL Sexy is only in the eye of the beholder. The 05-06 RR is sexiest and after you see the 07 in person you will also see that some of these changes came with a price. The 07 looks cheaper than the 05-06 version. True, it looks smaller and thinner...but looks like it costs less too. Performance of the other hand, sounds awesome.
I personally think the powdercoating of the forks and swingarm makes it look cheaper. That's just me though.

Looked better with the blang-blang gold and silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
tnb035 said:
i sat on one a few weeks ago at the AMA supermotard races in long beach, CA. i have some pix too that i'll try to post later on when i get home. anyhow, the bike is super light. i have an 05 and when i got on the 07, i could feel the difference right away.
i like the way it feels... the seat is definitely MUCH better... kinda feels like a kawi or suzuki seat...nice and plush = ) the new tach looks nice.... they have the 1000rr front master brake cylinder and on/off switch... it has an electronic steering damper...oh, and the tank is designed so that the upper part of it wraps over your thighs so you sit more "in" the bike. = )

unfortunately i wasn't able to get the honda guys to turn it on for me. = (

as far as the 07's performance goes... jeff tigert, who is at barber right now doing the press release and test riding, told me that on the stock 07 with stock tires (qualifiers) he was able to run a laptime that was only 4 seconds away from his personal best on his AMA spec 600rr. that was yesterday. he thinks that he can shave off 2-3 more seconds when he puts on 209gp's. go jeff!!!

bottom line: i'm getting one!
dayum. jeff tigert has the freakin best job ever!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
man i'm jealous. would have loved to have been there last weekend. barber, that is. i have 8 trackdays with nesba there. cool track. think i'm getting a white one. can't wait. i feel lucky living only 275 miles from barber. the museum is a must. plan on at least 2 to 3 hours.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top