Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my second 07-08 600RR recently it has 11,000 miles on it and is in excellent condition. I have been noticing while at high RPM's it doesn't go into third gear very easy like my last 08 did. I will shift into third and let out the clutch and it just hit's second again. If I really concentrate and on shifting up with a little more positive pressure it doesn't do it. Any thoughts? Am I overly paranoid or what?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. All bikes are a little different. Did the previous owner adjust the shifter linkage? Maybe move it down a little bit so you can get a better / easier throw.

Also, try it without the clutch. Put a little upward pressure on the shifter, then roll off slightly and roll back on. Sweet!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. All bikes are a little different. Did the previous owner adjust the shifter linkage? Maybe move it down a little bit so you can get a better / easier throw.

Also, try it without the clutch. Put a little upward pressure on the shifter, then roll off slightly and roll back on. Sweet!
i kinda have the same issue. i would be a red light the lever would be lose but once i rock the bike a tiny bit i can get it in first... sometimes when i ride as well...i hope there is nothing wrong

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i kinda have the same issue. i would be a red light the lever would be lose but once i rock the bike a tiny bit i can get it in first... sometimes when i ride as well...i hope there is nothing wrong
Trouble getting into first or neutral is very normal, you just have to rock the bike a little cause they're made to change on the move. As for the third gear, some bikes are different like Jim said, mine sometimes had terrible going to second from first. I would suggest adjusting the linkage and or changing your oil, both would help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts