Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand asking this question in a Honda forum may bring some biased answers and therefore I will ask the same question in a Yamaha forums as well.

For anyone who has had the opportunity to ride both an 07 R6 and 07 600rr, what are your thoughts?

I am not looking for anyone to make my mind up, just looking for some opinions on why one may be better than the other. For what it matters, the bike will mainly be used for commuting to and from work as well as some pleasure riding.

Thanks in advance.

e

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I understand asking this question in a Honda forum may bring some biased answers and therefore I will ask the same question in a Yamaha forums as well.

For anyone who has had the opportunity to ride both an 07 R6 and 07 600rr, what are your thoughts?

I am not looking for anyone to make my mind up, just looking for some opinions on why one may be better than the other. For what it matters, the bike will mainly be used for commuting to and from work as well as some pleasure riding.

Thanks in advance.

e
I feel you my friend. Before I bought my current ride, I had my mind set on two bikes....600RR and the R6 (not the R6s). Just like you, it's for commuting and a little canyon riding. I had a buddy with an r6, and I test drove it. The damn thing was a good track bike I thought to myself, but then again I also just read a sportbike magazine that said the same thing prior to me riding. I just kind of agreed on their review. Then one day I was browsing the local CL ad, and I saw what would become my future bike. I re-read the same sportbike mag and tried to read more about the new '07 600RR (my previous bike was a '03 600rr). I then met the seller and test drove the bike.........it was marvelous. Bike was so much more street friendly, and the nimbleness was unmatched. Based on what I read too, bike was a hell of a track weapon too. More than anything it was the looks that sold me (well, and the awesome selling price too).
Man this might sound so biased but it really is not. I would have bought an R6, if not for meactually riding a 600RR. But trust me 600rr is a lot more street friendly than the r6. If you have a friend that would be nice enough to let you their R6 or 600RR, then you can see for yourself. I've been very happy with my bike and have had no regrets!
Just for your info......600RR annihilated all their competition in the 600 comparo.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Ah ha! I noticed that you posted this up at R6-Forum as well. Trying to play the two forums off of each other, eh?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Just read the reviews man. From everything you want from the bike, the 600rr is the logical choice. Not saying the R6 is bad, cause it isn't, but in my opinion, and the opinion of most magazines etc, the 600rr is just a better bike. In 08, who knows which will be better.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info. I must admit although I said that I wasn't looking for anyone to make my decision, with what I had in mind and the comments of both forums, I believe the 600rr is the way to go.

I mentioned in the first post I would be posting in both forums and in fact both have said the same thing. Commutting = 600rr and Track = R6. Since I am not going for the track, at least right way, the 600rr is it.

Think I will be putting some money down this week on an 07 Black, unless they can find me a white one, doubt it.

Thanks

e

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have experience with both. I owned (2) 06 R6 and (1) 07 R6. Those years were unchanged overall. I now own a 07 600RR. The Honda will hands down make a better street ride. It has a more comfortable riding position and has power where a street rider will need/want it most. Just my two cents.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Is the white hard to get In your state ? I was told by my Honda dealer that there are 3-4 left In Az, Also that there were plenty In Cali and that I would NOT want to get a bike from Cali due to the emissions and lil less hp ? I duun and do not care. When I am ready to buy In 30 days I will get black or If any white left I will get one of those, either way I am getting another 07. Anyone tell me when the 08 600RR are supposed to hit the showroom floor ? at least In the states.
Thanks
Stephen

Thanks for all the info. I must admit although I said that I wasn't looking for anyone to make my decision, with what I had in mind and the comments of both forums, I believe the 600rr is the way to go.

I mentioned in the first post I would be posting in both forums and in fact both have said the same thing. Commutting = 600rr and Track = R6. Since I am not going for the track, at least right way, the 600rr is it.

Think I will be putting some money down this week on an 07 Black, unless they can find me a white one, doubt it.

Thanks

e

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Is the white hard to get In your state ? I was told by my Honda dealer that there are 3-4 left In Az, Also that there were plenty In Cali and that I would NOT want to get a bike from Cali due to the emissions and lil less hp ? I duun and do not care. When I am ready to buy In 30 days I will get black or If any white left I will get one of those, either way I am getting another 07. Anyone tell me when the 08 600RR are supposed to hit the showroom floor ? at least In the states.
Thanks
Stephen
They should already have them on the showroom floor. Someone who works at the dealer posted a couple of pics here.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Thanks Nick.... :beer:
Stephen

They should already have them on the showroom floor. Someone who works at the dealer posted a couple of pics here.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
06-07 R6 = poor power low-mid range, best used in track slipper + top end power + kick ass looks

07 600RR = street/track performance. low-mid power like a 750cc! lightest 600cc eva!

both bikes handles like a dream. u really cant tell the difference unless u set up the suspensions properly.
i wish they made the 07 600RR look as sick as the r6 imo.
r6 has poor clipons/small things easily break off.

if your planning to get the r6 just wait for the 08s. some changes had made

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Never rode both... A friend has an 07 R6 and says his 04 was better 1st through 3rd and he isn't at all happy with the low RPM power (or lack thereof). He rode my 07 RR and LOVED it.

I told him to just change his gearing to make up for the power loss, he didn't want to lose the top end... So... there you go (lol)

Most likely you'll enjoy EITHER one!!! Good luck!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks
Stephen
The only difference between a Cali bike and a 49 state bike is a charcoal fuel vapor canister which has no effect on HP.

·
Registered
267 Posts
idk about the r6 being a better track bike. i liked my rr over the r6 but maybe it was just setup

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i was in the same boat as u last march. get a blue/white 07 r6 or the white/silver 07 600rr. i got the rr based just on how they felt sitting on it. the rr felt way better. i think the r6 looks a lil sharper and very sleek. the rr looks ok compared to it.

now that im making it a track bike im starting to rethink my decision a bit. just because of the slipper clutch and insane top end power of the r6. tho im sure my rr will do great too. it may just cost a bit more.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts