Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. Recently crashed my bike, one of the fork seals blew when I was hitting a hard turn, front tire washed out, etc etc. Long story short, engine case cracked when it went down and I decided to just replace the entire engine. I plan on rebuilding the other as time goes on but wanted to get the bike up and running again for now.

For the most part, everything seems to be plug and play -- all the wires more or less line up where they're supposed to go. Honestly the main issue I've had was figuring out how to route them within the frame/engine, where the grounds go, etc.

However, there's one plug under the seat/gas tank area where the swing-arm and main frame meet kinda, I honestly have no idea what it plugs into. I've been using the diagrams on 2wheelpros.com and buying parts when necessary (not necessarily from there, just using it as a guide and hopping over to eBay, etc.)

But yes. Does anyone know what the where the plug in the red circle plugs into? Kudos in advance!

- Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
My 2017 has an accessory port for a gear indicator right about there. Not in use. Not sure on the '07.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You could download the service manual if you don't have it and figure it by the color of the wires going into the plug.

PM me if you can't find it and I'll email you a pdf of the wiring diagram.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,857 Posts
that's the plug for the rectifier.

the plug you have circled in your diagram is not what you have posted a picture of. the one in your diagram plugs into the starter relay

you routed the harness wrong and took that ground to the wrong place. the ground connected to that plug connects to the grounding point on the left side of the bike near where the rectifier is. go figure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhhh yesss. Thanks! I remember when I took the old engine out to make note that there were two grounds on one spot. Had that mixed up. Kudos!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts