Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 07 600rr and it will sometimes idle at about 1k it only does it if I have been riding it around town or so. Sometimes it does it when I go out of town. (60 miles) if I turn the key off and start it again it will go away only for a couple miles. I have recently replaced my iat sensor. It has 2 bros slip on with power commander 5. Just did a tune up with fresh plugs oil. Air filter chain and a couple other things. It was doing this before I put the parts on to. Except for the slip on and pc. I?m at a loss ?

·
Registered
382 Posts
What are you at a loss about exactly? How many RPMs do you think the bike should be idle at? Are you a stunter, do you need a higher idle?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I?m not a stunter and I don?t NEED higher rpms. I just want it to not sound like it?s gonna die at a stoplight . It should idle at about 1200 to 1500 shouldn?t it? After a bit of riding it idles at 1k rpm. And sounds like it?s struggling.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
yes brycen it should idle between 12 and 1500, and very smoothly at that. the 600rr is one of the smoothest idling 600s i've ever seen.

your 2007 model uses an idle air control valve, any issue with it could lead to strange idling behavior.

when it idles down and chokes, is it in neutral? in gear with the clutch in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I let off the gas in neutral or in gear. It will idle at 1. I?ll look into the idle control valve. And if I turn the key off then start it back up. It will run normal for a little bit. Then go back to idle at 1 after I?ve rode it for a little bit. Being able to make it stop idling at 1 by twisting the key off then back On was what led me to believe it was a faulty sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts